Daily poll: How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

• Just liked the name

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after someone

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after another dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By its looks

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Was already named we got him/her

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Chesty's name was going to be Murphy but since I brought him home without telling my dad and then when I got home with him I called my dad who was out of town and told him, he said you better take him back I told him no and sent him a picture and my dad fell in love with him and asked what his name was I said Murphy and he said no it's Chesty (named after the Marines mascot ( my dad was in the Marines)) So I figured since he was letting me keep him he had a say in his name. lol

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Before we got a EB I searched online every night for name. When I thought we were getting a female I couldnt find the right name. All the male names were so cute. We decided to get a male. And wouldnt ya know it I didn't like the male names thought the females names were better...lol I wanted Lilly or Ollie. On the car ride home he stunk . We started to call him Stinky and after a few days we added Pete. So his real name is Petey Pete and is nick name is Stinky Pete.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Should have been "Barry the bulldog" a bit of an Australian too, we like people names for our dogs (eg we have had Chloe, Billy, Gus, had one unusual name of Spud), as soon as he was home his name was shorten by the kids to BAZZA, in a Australia a Sharon is Shazza, a Darren is Dazza etc, so Bazza stuck but if he is in trouble sometimes we call him Barry but he probably doesn't know that as his name.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie was a cheesy clown (and still is) so I came up w the name based on that. Originally my hubby wanted a boy to name brick. When we got a girl, I thought of briquette. I thought well, we would call her bri for short, but then Brie just popped into my head and just seemed to fit.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki's name from the breeder was Quigley... weird right. He was such a mischievous loving little **** when we first meet him and Loki seemed the perfect fit. The beans came from the fact that they have bad gas :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had my name picked out about three years before I got Ftse and its from the UK Stock Exchange (Ftse 100) - the 100 as I thought it an appropriate name for a EBD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've rehomed 2 bullies, both older so did not rename them. Brutus was really
such a sweetie & a real gentleman so we called him Mr Brutie, BruBru or Boo.

Cami was spelled Cammie and I shortened it to Cami as she is short & sweet.
In fact, next Halloween she's getting dyed black and will be a bowling ball :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've rehomed 2 bullies, both older so did not rename them. Brutus was really
such a sweetie & a real gentleman so we called him Mr Brutie, BruBru or Boo.

Cami was spelled Cammie and I shortened it to Cami as she is short & sweet.
In fact, next Halloween she's getting dyed black and will be a bowling ball :)

A bowling ball?? :laugh:

violetrose

Sep 2, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Logan
It took us 3 days to name Logan. He was at risk of just going by "dude" because we couldn't decide. Initially I wanted to name him Corbin but my husband decided he didn't think the name fit (although it means "raven haired" and he's got 2 black ears). We went through a whole list of names -- Dexter, Harvey, Minion (mini for short) were all possibilities we tried initially. At one point we had 20 names on the list. We passed the list back and forth for a day with each one of us crossing out one to narrow it down. Logan won out because he's such a physical dog. He solves all his problems head-first with brute force. Rather than taking a step towards his water bowl, he'd drag it to him with a paw. Any barrier we set up he barreled through. My husband has nicknamed him Logi-Bear and of course we have a friend who calls him "the Maw" :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.