Daily poll: How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

• Just liked the name

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after someone

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after another dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By its looks

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Was already named we got him/her

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Wanted an EB for 25 years and was always going to name him Percy. But a few years ago a very nice family moved in next door and his name was Percy...needed a new name! Thought about what I thought were "dignified" "English" names, Reginald, Winston, Arthur...then one night, right before we got Dudley, I was watching the old movie "The Bishop's Wife" one of my favorites. It hit me, the angel in the movie, played by Cary Grant, was named Dudley. He's been my angel -- and just like Cary Grant was to David Niven in the movie -- my PITA, ever since!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When we got Sheldon we went through the usual names but if you have ever watched The Big Bang Theory there is a character named Sheldon and he has this strange kinda laugh and Sheldon use to make this noise that sounded just like that laugh and his tail is kinda in the shape of an S hence his name Sheldon.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Petunia Belle was named after a restaurant in the French Quarter named "Petunia's"...I had wanted to name her Bella but my husband at the time called me from the French Quarter and said he had the perfect name for her...which was true! She was the best gift he ever gave me. Now, practically 9 years later, she is the gift that keeps on giving!

Love my girl! ♥

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko means faith...his father is called Toivo (hope) and mother is lempi (love), so was there really a choice????? Voitto means victory and the other choice was Taisto and that means battle....we should of picked Taisto...cause Voitto has given us a few battles...

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is named after my mother in law. Since we don't want kids, we thought it was appropriate. She loves that we named Ruthie after her. I want a male bulldog name either Eugene(after her late husband) or Larry (after my dad). It's only right.

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I voted 'Named after someone' - but only one of his names is after someone.
also note that I had his name for many years just waiting for the day I would finally have him. I've wanted an EB since I was a child and first saw Spike on Tom & Jerry.

Nigel - because it was a nice English name although Ian is my fave but I already call my car that.
Sinclair - sounds regal and important lol

Wentworth - after Wentworth Miller from Prison Break - thought he was so cute when I first saw that show and he still is!

Hence - Nigel Wentworth Sinclair and it fits him too and always gets compliments wherever we go.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
All 3 were already named when we adopted them! But if I ever do get an EB puppy it's going to be a male and his name is going to be Bruce Wayne (Batman anyone??!), I've wanted an EB puppy named Bruce Wayne for almost 10 years now hahaha

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Well Matt picked Daisys name out. He though it would be funny to have a stocky lil mean mug with such a delicate name. I wasnt sold on it. But it slowly grew on me. When we met her I knew she was a daisy :)

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
April already had her name when we were blessed with receiving her - her breeder found out she was being abused by her owner HE WENT AND KICKED A LITTLE A$$ AND SUDDENLY THE GUY DIDNT WANT HER ANYMORE - great man .We were going to change her name to Mable (close to April ) then we found out she was born on April fools day ----- April it has been ever since

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It was pretty funny. His right ear was really bent over and we thought it was going to have to be clued but it corrected itself with time. I had told Mike his name will come to us as we were driving. He was only 4 months old and so so skinny. We put him in the shopping cart at Petsmart and Jack took a big :poo: right in the cart while the sales girl was talking to us. We nearly died laughing. :laugh: OMG it smelled so bad!!! :barf:

Oh you gotta love pets in public... :lol:

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a bunch of names picked out for an English when and if we ever had the chance to be owned by one. When we were driving home from picking him up my wife was in the back seat and I was driving and right when we pulled into our driveway she said I cant get over this little buster and from that second on it stuck and I truly believe he looks like a Buster and acts like a Buster!! HAHA!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Long story short. Single, met Joe, 5 months later going to get married on the beach here in FL. MY family decided they knew best (I was 45 yrs old) got way to involved. Joe calls me on a Wed. told me to book a flight to Vegas to elope. Flew out Friday, got married Saturday, flew home Sunday. Joe ask me on the flight home what I wanted for a wedding present. I responded and English Bulldog. One month after we got married Joe got me one. His name is Vegas. lol. The end.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I originally traveled across the country to visit our friends -and do pictures of breeders puppies ,but my husband had a surprise for me -i will take home one of the girls
To much of everyone surprise (apart from my husband) i chosen the smallest girl they had - (back then called Delilah (peggy sue) by the breeders) after crying from happiness and thanking everyone ,i cradled this little girl who was snorring into my ears -i named her Lily as she is (well was!) delicate and beautiful
This is the picture from the day i named her -after crying ;-)
Shes also the double of her mum ! Same markings and positive attitude x
yqa6ymaj.jpg

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Joe is named after the rapper "Fat Joe"... I had him named long before I got him. I got my first dog when I was 15, he was a German Shepard named Calvin after Snoop Dogg's real name. I decided to stick with the rapper theme. Joes 1st name before I got him was Tank.

Members online

No members online now.