Daily poll: How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

How did you choose the name of your bulldog?

• Just liked the name

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after someone

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Named after another dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By its looks

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Was already named we got him/her

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How did you choose the name of your bulldog?
bullypoll.png

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have always just LOVED the name Winston... after Winston Churchill of course!!! LOL
He was the biggest pup of the litter, so it seemed like destiny...

You will LOVE this one though... I named our boxer Roxanne (Roxie) because that is one of my favorite songs by the Police. Well imagine my surprise when my 2 year old Lily (at the time) was singing the LYRICS to Roxanne in her preschool... :blink:
AHHhhh... the joys of parenting!!! LOL :biglaugh:

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was named by his breeder. After we tossed about 100+ names around none of them seemed to fit him but Wilson so we kept it. Emma was originally Gwynn. I loved the softness of the name Emma and the moment someone suggested that name to me for her I knew instantly that was her name. Jack, our pitty, well he didn't have a name. The say we rescued him we stopped at Petsmart and about 15 feet before entering the store Mike said "his ear is jacked up." I said, "well there you have it, that's his name, Jack!" :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wilson was named by his breeder. After we tossed about 100+ names around none of them seemed to fit him but Wilson so we kept it. Emma was originally Gwynn. I loved the softness of the name Emma and the moment someone suggested that name to me for her I knew instantly that was her name. Jack, our pitty, well he didn't have a name. The say we rescued him we stopped at Petsmart and about 15 feet before entering the store Mike said "his ear is jacked up." I said, "well there you have it, that's his name, Jack!" :)

OMG that is so funny about Jack's name... LOVE it!!! :lol:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I had a list of names that I was contemplating before picking Mayhem up from the breeder, but nothing was "right" for him. After seeing him in action for about 24 hours, the name Mayhem truly fit :) By the way, Mayhem was not on the original list of names :no:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have always wants a bully named Harlea. Her name was picked out many many years ago before I even dreamed of actually being able to have her in my life.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
While we were thinking of names before we brought June home, my bf and I decided that her name had to be something we both liked and agreed upon. He mentioned the name June one evening and I liked it. Her birthday is in June :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My love for all things Blueberry, especially Muffins. It was either that or Bukowski, after Charles Bukowski, one of my favorite authors.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I had wanted an EB for 10 years, and we had a Jack Russell for 14 years, so I never thought about getting a second dog at the time. I had always said to my husband, if I ever get a EB, I want a male and I'm going to call him either Bulldozer or Tonka, I just loved both of those names and they fit the EB. When my Jack Oreo died 3 years ago, she was 14 yrs old, and she had cancer, I was so sad, and I told my family no more dogs. She died in Sept., and the winter came, and my son wanted another dog, I still didn't know, and we adopted a cat instead, which we had never owned a cat. Meeko came to live with us in November. By the time the spring came, I was missing a dog in the house, and decided I wanted my EB, I asked my hubby to get me one for Mothers Day, and Birthday present combined, I found my Bulldozer (Dozer for short), and we went to the breeders house to go see him, I fell in love right away and decided I wanted him. His sister was also there and my husband kept gravitating to her, and saying aww look how cute she is, she's so sweet, but I had my heart set on a male, and wanted Dozer. Needless to say, we went home with both, hubby said we couldn't leave her behind by herself. Lol. We gave Blosssom to my son who has learning disabilities, and is bi-polar, he lives with us, and I had noticed a big difference in him when Oreo died, he didn't go out as much, he would always go for long walks with her, and he would get up early and feed her, he missed having a dog, and it gives him companionship when we are not home. He loves both dogs, and he spoils them.

We went through a lot of name choices because we had two, I still wanted Bulldozer for the male, and wanted to call the female Tonka, but my son and hubby thought it was a boys name, we had Elvis and Priscilla, Jagger and Bianca, Rocky and Adrienne, Rocky and Roxy. I stuck with Bulldozers name, and liked Ladybug, Chloe, Charlotte, Scarlett, Diva, Fallon, Petunia, Priscilla, Roxy, and Zoey for girls name. None of them stuck, so I started thinking of B names to go with Bulldozer, and I liked the name Blossom, and it stuck, she was our little flower. We call her Awesome Blossom.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I had a few names in mind. I was pretty much set on Reginald for a while. But once I saw him, I knew he was a Rocco!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Sir Rumble Pig got his name from a combination of places. We love the OKC Thunder basketball team and their mascot is a bison named Rumble. I thought that would be perfect for a bulldog since they fart, snore, grunt, etc. So we went to pick up Rumble, who was originally named Gunther, pretty much knowing he would be named Rumble. Well it wasn't long before we knew the name was correct. He makes all sorts of grunts and grumbles if he is not happy and you can definitely hear him fart sometimes! Sir came a few days after that since he was easily running our household and we felt he needed to be dignified with a title. Then came the Pig part. Rumble would eat so fast that he would get sick so we had to buy a slow feeding bowl. Not to mention he will eat everything in sight if we let him. Add in the combination of noises as mentioned above and we felt Pig fit him also. Now that Rumble is one he will answer to about any combination of the above...Sir Pig...Rumble...Rumble Pig...but he normally goes by Rumble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The nutty boyfriend is sports crazy..... Nitshcke was named after Ray Nitschke (Green Bay Packers), Banks is after Ernie Banks (Chicago Cubs) and Chelios after Chris Chelios (Chicago Blackhawks)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We had the name Brutus picked out for years before we even thought of getting him. And his name absolutely fits his personality.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OMG that is so funny about Jack's name... LOVE it!!! :lol:

It was pretty funny. His right ear was really bent over and we thought it was going to have to be clued but it corrected itself with time. I had told Mike his name will come to us as we were driving. He was only 4 months old and so so skinny. We put him in the shopping cart at Petsmart and Jack took a big :poo: right in the cart while the sales girl was talking to us. We nearly died laughing. :laugh: OMG it smelled so bad!!! :barf:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I had 2 EBD statues before we even thought of getting a real one. I had named the first one Hooch, and when I got the second one, I had had a particularly bad golf game earlier in the day and named him Double Bogey! So, when we started to think about names for our chosen 5 week old REAL EBD, I just loved the name Bogey! So, we have Bogey, Double Bogey and Hooch. Except Bogey knocked Hooch over and he was in 10 million pieces, so we now just have Bogey and Double Bogey. And to this day, my golf game has not improved!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.