Daily poll: Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran into a store?

Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran

• Once

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Never

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran into a store?
bullypoll.png

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
nooooooooooooo..

My hubby, who's obsessed with Walmart, will always stop and go in when we drive out of state (we don't have them here). I always wait in the car with Blue.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I havent, but that doesnt mean I wouldnt do it. There are circumstances. Like if I stop at the gas station. Or the kwik e mart and its not hot outside I would do it. But only if I knew it was going to be for a few mins.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
we just did it with Dudley on Sunday...we ran in for ice cream cones...I watched him from the front window. As soon as we had one cone, Scott ran out to sit with him...It was less than 5 minutes, windows were down and it was pretty cool. In fact, the only other time I did it also was for ice cream...we ran to the window to order ...we were about 15 feet from the car and again, probably less than 5 minutes. Very cool that day too. I would never leave him where I could not see him!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
If I have Sheldon with me I only go places he can enter most places around here are really pet friendly except Walmart. Even Walgreens doesn't mind pets depending on the manager that is there at the time a lot of owned humans take their pets with them around here so many of the businesses accept pets into their establishments so I answered never because I have never had a reason to have to leave him.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
nooooooooooooo..

My hubby, who's obsessed with Walmart, will always stop and go in when we drive out of state (we don't have them here). I always wait in the car with Blue.

You don't have Walmart's in NY? Oh man, I need to live there! I hate Walmart with a passion!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Sometimes I will if I am just running into the packy or running to the store to grab milk, I really only leave them when I am going somewhere that I can still see them from the store...and obviously that only happens if the weather is permitting

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do on occasion to run in for milk or cup of coffe... but I have remote start on my car so the a/c or heat is left on for them ;)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
yes but only if I'm going to be in there over an hour and the temp is above 80. (just a test to see if anyone's reading this.)

aspen2012

Aug 23, 2013
New Mexico
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Aspen
No am too paranoid that someone would steal her.

- - - Updated - - -

No am too paranoid that someone would steal her.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No ,since i had my own dogs i never left any of my dogs in the car ,or tied near a store -bully or not -its not fair and can be dangerous due to a heat and someone taking a shine to not their own dog

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and Ruby always have someone with them at all times in the vehicle. I would worry someone would steal my bullies. When we travel across country we always end up going through the drive through of some burger place until we get to our destination. Now, the bullies love it because there is very little distance they have to go to beg for a french fry. They know traveling means groceries for them.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You don't have Walmart's in NY? Oh man, I need to live there! I hate Walmart with a passion!!

We don't have them in the city (well Manhattan, don't know about the other boroughs). But yeah, I don't like 'em either.. my husband though- haha.. oh man, he's like a kid in a candy store.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.