Daily poll: Have you ever been bitten by your bulldog?

Have you ever been bitten by your bulldog?

• Yes

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber has bit me when I was trimming her toes; She has black toe nails and when she was younger I hit the quick on one of them and ever since when she sees me with the trimmers she will come unglued. I take her to petsmart to get her toenails trimmed now and even then every once in a while she will get one of the techs she doesn't trust and try to bit them. Not hard just enough to back them off her toenails. Amber is a two man rule for toenail trimming day. Ruby has never tried to bit me other than just playing.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster has never bit anyone in anger. When it's play time watch out!!

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
only play biting and many of times you should see the bruise i have on my leg from play biting!! NEVER IN A MEAN ANGER WAY.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, once by mistaken identity, from a fight, and several times from playing. In fact BeBe git me today, playing, she jumped after a toy and my finger was in the way. :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When he went through his shark phase and he bit me really really hard and I bit him back. He never bit me again.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Yes once in fear. Poor little pup. I had to put eye drops in Miss Tallulah's eye and she was a tiny puppy and terrified. She bit me with her little shark teeth and put a deep puncture wound in my thumb. I learned how to put the drops in in a way that did not frighten her and there has never been another problem. I have had a few puncture wounds playing with her when she has accidentally bit my hand as she tried to grab a toy I was holding on to. She looked mortified. She does growl and air snap at Kim if he tries to move her when she is sleeping. But if she wanted to really bite him she would not miss. So he wakes me up and makes me get her to move over. It is just a warning that she is miss grumpy pants if you wake her in the middle of the night. With Buster she has a playmate that she can chomp on and he chomps her back with joy. Buster was taught bite inhibition by her and has never put his mouth on a body part other than to give slobbery kisses.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, a couple times. Once when i was breaking up a fight between the two of them and my upper arm got in the way. And last night I tossed a ball into the air and Finn jumped up to catch it but got my hand in his mouth instead of the ball. It hurt but it was my fault...my hand was in the way! :(

Ouch Henny! Are you okay, Hun? My Sis got bit on her thumb, breaking up fight.

It got very sore & red, she went in to ER and she had flesh eating bacteria, they
kept her overnight on IV antibiotics and no problems further.

Just be careful and go if doesn't look/feel 'right'...Praying over this~Love you!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I have never been formally bitten. Nipped in play, yes but no real bite. My son has been bitten tho, on the face because he startled her when she was sleeping by putting his face right in her face despite being told not to :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION], the most recent episode only left me with some teeth marks and redness on my hand. My right hand too so it's a good thing nothing worse came out of it as i wouldn't be able to function v. well. Just goes to show how powerful these guys' jaws are. The time when i really got bit badly breaking up the fight...very painful, bloody, and i had to get antibiotics for that. Thanks for asking though! :)

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Not forcefully and attack like but yes while we are playing. Tess just leaves bruises no broken skin or teeth marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yep when he was only about 3 or 4 mth a old. Bit my lip still have a little scar to show for it

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My daughter ( the one playing pee-wee football) was bitten at the beginning of summer by a dog (not Sheldon) at a friends house the dog grabbed her arm and bit too hard he let go immediately she came home and had to go to the er for stitches....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Zeus does this weird thing that if I'm sitting there with my legs crossed he will act like he's gonna bite my foot but then he just carefully puts his mouth around my foot. He's a weirdo. But he's never bit me. He's bitten my husbands toe when he's dropped food I think he was just moving so fast he accidentally did it lol

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
When playing yes , not intentionally to hurt or out of aggression .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.