Daily poll: Does your bulldog beg when you are eating?

Does your bulldog beg when you are eating?

• Yes

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does your bulldog beg when you are eating?
bullypoll.png

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I said "Yes", although it's not truly "begging". Tate and Finn will sit right next to me as i'm eating, and just stare at me. They watch me every second as I put food into my mouth. Makes me feel uncomfortable and guilty! I try not to give in and give them something b/c i know that just reinforces their behavior but it's really hard not to. :ashamed:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I said yes and no. Normally when we are eating Harlea is eating in her crate so she doesn't beg. However, if we are snacking Harlea wants to know what we are doing so she comes and checks us out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nope, ours will go do their thing, and occasionally come by to get a pat on the head, but no begging. They know we will not give them anything from the table anyway.

Emma0511

Sep 30, 2013
NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
So my 7 month old doesn't beg.....she demands! She's never had "our food" but is really curious and jumps around the table even standing up with paws on the table. Any ideas to break her of this?

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yup, all 3 of them do and they are really pathetic when they beg....but I blame myself since I always give in and give them some of whatever I'm eating!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby doesn't beg if we are at the dining room table. He knows the routine of laying under the table until we are done. Its a whole other story with we sit in the living room and eat. He starts off laying under the table then starts inching his way closer and just stares lol its so hard to say no to that face. We only give him a treat if he's stayed put and been a good boy

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Yep!! Bella sits at our feet the whole time we are eating hoping we drop or give her a bite!!
a3e9uryb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our two guys do the same as Tate, Finn and Chumley, they don't beg or whine, but they will sit in front of us and stare us down and give us the sad puppy dog eyes, and they will just sit really nice as if to say, look at me I'm sitting so nice, please share with me. Lol

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
I said yes but like everyone else, it's not necessarily begging. Tank will just sit there next to us with his chin either on my lap or my bf's lap with puppy dog eyes.. :pouting: patiently waiting for table scraps... my bf always ends up giving in :cursing:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
No Ftse has never begged he actually leaves us alone while we are eating.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Yes he does, and I am very upset with my mother for it.

Winston used to not pay us any attention at all when we ate, until we visited his Grandmama and Grandpapa at their house. Mom kept feeding their dog (golden retriever) nibbles, and even though everyone else kept telling her not to do so, she inadvertently taught Winston that good things were up on the table. >.<

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie is funny. First she jumps up next to me as if she is suppose to get some, then begs a little, then gives up. With my son however she is a lot more bold about it and will sit practically in his face waiting for the perfect time to steal food from him. We are working in that one! Lol I keep telling hubby we need to eat at the table n nit on the couch to avoid all this but he just wants to crate her at dinner time.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Daddy would tolerate such behavior. BUT when mom is cooking she always manages to drop some food on the food..shhhhhhhhh don't tell dad!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.