Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Question Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

No way, no how! Mayhem is still too young and tries to chew up everything!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

NOPE!!!! Lol Mr T gets to hang out in his crate

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ftse gets free roam of downstairs now he doesn't chew

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If no one is in the house Harlea is in her crate when we leave. If some one is home but in another room or will be home shortly she will go in her large play pen in the living room. Other than that she free roams when someone is watching her like a hawk as she likes to get under my bed to play with the cats.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Oh no, Brutus is crated while we are out. The destruction would be far and wide . He is 10 mos old and we just started leaving him sleeping on the couch at night instead of in his crate. So far that seems to be working out. He likes to sleep on the couch, but I am not brave enough to have him left out unattended with no one home. I am a light sleeper so I hear him move around and can check on him.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Last time I left Winston out my blinds & windows were destroyed... He's a crate man NOW!!! LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    If no one is in the house Harlea is in her crate when we leave. If some one is home but in another room or will be home shortly she will go in her large play pen in the living room. Other than that she free roams when someone is watching her like a hawk as she likes to get under my bed to play with the cats.
    Does "play with the cats" mean the same thing in your house as it does in ours? Meaning chase and terrorize the poor kitty at all costs??? My poor cat is just another play thing for Brutus. Thank god she can run and hide. Although she does get a few good shots in sometimes. It's a work in progress.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

We only block off the kitchen because Ruthie likes to eat the cat food. Even when I forget to block it off she's getting better about knowing that's bad. She's a pretty good dog, doesn't tear stuff up..etc. She just likes to curl up on the couch and sleep.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

We waited until Chance was 2 before we started leaving him out on his own. Prior to that he was crated. We live in a condo so we started small; leaving him for two minutes while I went to the lobby to get the mail (for example). We also restricted access in carpeted areas.

Earlier in the year, we built him a mancave and now we let him come and go as he sees fit. He has never really been a chewer, preferring to just bring shoes to show me he has them (and demand attention). He knows he's allowed to chew his own things so he doesn't tend to chew anybody else's stuff. I do worry about him (even though I probably don't need to) so we have a webcam set up to Skype in and look at his mancave. Sometimes he's there, sometimes he's on the main couch and sometimes he's in my office. He's pretty adaptable. He gives me a kiss when I leave the house as part of his routine so he knows to go chill out and that I'll be back. It has worked pretty well so far. *knock on wood* He hasn't been on any furniture he isn't supposed to be on and hasn't chewed up anything. He is a consistently pleasant surprise...

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Does "play with the cats" mean the same thing in your house as it does in ours? Meaning chase and terrorize the poor kitty at all costs??? My poor cat is just another play thing for Brutus. Thank god she can run and hide. Although she does get a few good shots in sometimes. It's a work in progress.
    Of the 4 we have there is one that she plays with and he plays back. The others tolerate her playing until she gets all jumpy then they run for cover. it's really funny when the playful kitty brudder gets under her Coolaroo and Harlea gets on top and jumps like she is on a trampoline.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

H*ll to the NO!!! She would crap all over the stairs and smear it on the walls somehow! Other than that I would pretty much trust her. She has this thing with pooping and peeing on the stair case!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads