Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

• Yes

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:nonono:No way, they are crated when we are out, otherwise our house would be eaten, or at least all the socks. Lol. And I would be really worried about Dozer because he likes to chew electrical cords, when you're not watching.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko is a free roamer, but Voitto will never probably get that privilege, he's chewer and pee'er and just a wild boy....:sneaky2::whut?:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I can't even imagine the disaster I would come home to if June was left out of her crate :yikes:

I hope 1 day we can... but 4 months old is not the time!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley has free roam, but I don't think he moves off of the chair when I'm not here...I'm not kidding. I've left food in his bowl, never touched. I've left he water...doesn't drink until I am home. I think he lays or sits on his chair where he can see out the front window and the back sliding doors -- it's a small townhouse. I know he will sometimes bark when someone comes and goes because I've asked my neighbor, but other than that, I think he stays put. I know he doesn't go upstairs, because he won't go upstairs when I'm home...that's where the evil hangers that fell off the door and scared him live...nope, won't venture up there. He is a royal PITA when I'm home, but a really good boy when I'm gone!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio and Diva are gated off in one room together, they just sleep all day on the couch. And Princess gets free roam of the rest of the downstairs.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I put yes b/c Brutus is now able to be trusted more often! The only issue now is when I get home it looks like a tornado struck my couches and chairs! Brutus and Chanel run around the couches and move dining chairs (sometimes even flipped over) LOL They have a good time and nothing gets destroyed so they both get free roam! Some days they are in the crate b/c for instance Brutus didnt potty 2 x before I leave in the am (he will have an accident)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I selected no.... but it is really a sometimes. Depends on how long we will be gone and how much energy was expelled before we left.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
No, they all go in their crates when we are gone.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster gets sectioned off in the den and kitchen area when we leave him alone. We have a glass door from the kitchen into the dining room, when we come back from somewhere I leave the front curtain open so I can peek in at him and if he sees me it's butt-wiggle galore!!! HAHAHA!! It's the cutest thing in the world to me.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
They do , at first we left them in the kitchen but since Lily is 4,5 months they have free roam . Our house is dog proofed ,both of girls know their manners regarding what to chew and not

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Oh No way!! Tess would have to much fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco gets free roam of his crate lol. I could only imagine the destruction I would come home to if he was loose. Maybe one day when he isn't chewing on everything and peeing on the floor I'll give him roam of the kitchen. But he is too young still.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Looks like im very lucky with my girls :-)) makes me think -i never really crated a dog before (apart from few weeks for shy) i never had problems teaching them manners not to chew on my stuff lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.