Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

• Yes

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

bullypoll.png

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
No way, no how! Mayhem is still too young and tries to chew up everything!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
NOPE!!!! Lol Mr T gets to hang out in his crate

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If no one is in the house Harlea is in her crate when we leave. If some one is home but in another room or will be home shortly she will go in her large play pen in the living room. Other than that she free roams when someone is watching her like a hawk as she likes to get under my bed to play with the cats.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no, Brutus is crated while we are out. The destruction would be far and wide :evil:. He is 10 mos old and we just started leaving him sleeping on the couch at night instead of in his crate. So far that seems to be working out. He likes to sleep on the couch, but I am not brave enough to have him left out unattended with no one home. I am a light sleeper so I hear him move around and can check on him.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Last time I left Winston out my blinds & windows were destroyed... He's a crate man NOW!!! LOL

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If no one is in the house Harlea is in her crate when we leave. If some one is home but in another room or will be home shortly she will go in her large play pen in the living room. Other than that she free roams when someone is watching her like a hawk as she likes to get under my bed to play with the cats.

Does "play with the cats" mean the same thing in your house as it does in ours? Meaning chase and terrorize the poor kitty at all costs??? My poor cat is just another play thing for Brutus. Thank god she can run and hide. Although she does get a few good shots in sometimes. It's a work in progress.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
We only block off the kitchen because Ruthie likes to eat the cat food. Even when I forget to block it off she's getting better about knowing that's bad. She's a pretty good dog, doesn't tear stuff up..etc. She just likes to curl up on the couch and sleep.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We waited until Chance was 2 before we started leaving him out on his own. Prior to that he was crated. We live in a condo so we started small; leaving him for two minutes while I went to the lobby to get the mail (for example). We also restricted access in carpeted areas.

Earlier in the year, we built him a mancave and now we let him come and go as he sees fit. He has never really been a chewer, preferring to just bring shoes to show me he has them (and demand attention). He knows he's allowed to chew his own things so he doesn't tend to chew anybody else's stuff. I do worry about him (even though I probably don't need to) so we have a webcam set up to Skype in and look at his mancave. Sometimes he's there, sometimes he's on the main couch and sometimes he's in my office. He's pretty adaptable. He gives me a kiss when I leave the house as part of his routine so he knows to go chill out and that I'll be back. It has worked pretty well so far. *knock on wood* He hasn't been on any furniture he isn't supposed to be on and hasn't chewed up anything. He is a consistently pleasant surprise...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Does "play with the cats" mean the same thing in your house as it does in ours? Meaning chase and terrorize the poor kitty at all costs??? My poor cat is just another play thing for Brutus. Thank god she can run and hide. Although she does get a few good shots in sometimes. It's a work in progress.
Of the 4 we have there is one that she plays with and he plays back. The others tolerate her playing until she gets all jumpy then they run for cover. it's really funny when the playful kitty brudder gets under her Coolaroo and Harlea gets on top and jumps like she is on a trampoline.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
H*ll to the NO!!! :p She would crap all over the stairs and smear it on the walls somehow! Other than that I would pretty much trust her. She has this thing with pooping and peeing on the stair case!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Of the 4 we have there is one that she plays with and he plays back. The others tolerate her playing until she gets all jumpy then they run for cover. it's really funny when the playful kitty brudder gets under her Coolaroo and Harlea gets on top and jumps like she is on a trampoline.
That's it, they just love to play and be the center of attention.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
All my guys get sectioned off. Sally gets crated because she has accidents, but she's in a pretty large crate. Jack and Emma have been sequestered to the kitchen. And Wilson, gets the bottom part of the house. Wilson just sleeps all day in the chair in the living room. And Emma has to stay in the kitchen because she likes to eat couch cushions. :bang:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella roams!! Well probably sleeps all day! haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online