Daily Poll: Do you wipe your bulldogs wrinkles / facial folds everyday?

Do you wipe your bulldogs wrinkles / facial folds everyday?

• yes

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
First with a baby wipe and then a Duxo pad.

I have never used the Duxo pad. I was using a damp rag mixed with witch hazel and all was well and I quit doing that for a while and all was ok [though I was still wiping the wrinkles almost every day] and then Ace got a sore in one of the wrinkles and now I'm having to get it cleaned up and healed, I didn't notice until he started scratching a bringing blood and it had become nasty. I guess the witch hazel was helping keep it dry as an astringent.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have never used the Duxo pad. I was using a damp rag mixed with witch hazel and all was well and I quit doing that for a while and all was ok [though I was still wiping the wrinkles almost every day] and then Ace got a sore in one of the wrinkles and now I'm having to get it cleaned up and healed, I didn't notice until he started scratching a bringing blood and it had become nasty. I guess the witch hazel was helping keep it dry as an astringent.

Definitely Witch Hazel drys the area. We use the Witch on his feet keeps the pads pillow soft.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I do it as often as need be, as it gets very red from wiping too much.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I do it as often as need be, as it gets very red from wiping too much.

Yep, that was my mistake, I was probably doing it too often and the underparts as well and didn't want to dry the skin out, from an earlier suggestion from you that I may have been overdoing it which I agreed with. But my fault was I basically quit using the witch hazel often enough, learning by experience through trial and error. I will have to find the right balance. After I noticed the sore in one of the wrinkles, then noticed the stench as well, how I missed it I don't know. But I cleaned it up with wiping with a damp cloth then a dry one and treated with some peroxide and some antibiotic gel. It is already much improved. After its clear I will probably use the witch hazel maybe just a couple or so times a week and the rest of the time just keep it clean. Actually I think the suggestion that I may have been overdoing the witch hazel was from davidh. Either way I agreed with the suggestion as it just made sense.

Last edited:

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Yes, twice everyday. After breakfast and after dinner. Tail pocket twice a day too.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, not everyday, but about twice a week we use baby wipes on their faces, nose wrinkles, ears and eyes, and we bath them once every two weeks.

Dexterlicious

Sep 21, 2013
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
We wipe dexters facial wrinkles, his behind and his tail pocket every other day. A solution of warm water and a little apple cider vinegar. He doesn't like much but he tolerates it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bullies Mom

Aug 27, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo and Toby
Oh yes, first thing in the morning, either with a Duoxco pad, or a baby wipe. Toby doesn't particularly care for the Duoxco wipes, he always wrinkles up his face so tight, I think he doesn't like the smell, though Milo doesn't mind it at all.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I wipe her face every day after she eats n dry her chin after she drinks. And I wipe her privates every day. I wipe her folds every other day unless she needs it.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
lol..I have too at least 2 times a day...why do you think we call him Stinky?

- - - Updated - - -

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Mine would do fine with once a week but I'm obsessed with cleaning them :lol: so the face wipes and body wipes sit next to my sofa so I can grab and wipe daily, also keep the nose ointment out and ready to apply a couple times a week or they get yukky crusty noses.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online