Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you wash the beds, stuffed toys etc. Of your bully?

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Cool How often do you wash the beds, stuffed toys etc. Of your bully?

WONDERING HOW OFTEN OTHERS HERE WASH THE BEDS, AND TOYS OF THEIR BULLIES........SEEMS LIKE FORDE GETS HIS BED SO DIRTY , RUNNING IN FROM OUTSIDE AND THEN DOING HIS BABY THING WITH IT ( THE NEEDING THING) LOL , I USUALLY END UP WASHING IT EVERY TWO WEEKS ALONG WITH HIS STUFFED TOYS !

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How often do you wash the beds, stuffed toys etc. Of your bully?

Our dogs can also run in and out as they want so their beds get dirty sometimes, but luckily its very rare that it rains here so it doesn't get so bad. I wash their blankets and toys every week, more for the smell than dirt though... and their beds I wash when they get dirty, maybe once a month depending on the weather
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Every 2 weeks for Rocky too!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

great to know...i wondered if i was making forde nuts by doing this.....when i replace them clean he just sniffs and sniffs and looks at me like "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??" gotta love'em !!!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Amber, aka, the bed destroyer.....doesn't get a bed anymore. We bought her a beautiful bed at Christmas and she got bord and destroyed it within two weeks of getting it. Now, she gets blankets to cover the sofa and we have four of them. We change them about every three days and wash them and just keep rotating the blankets. She drags them around and piles them up on the floor like she is doing laundry or something. She doesn't seem to lose her mind over the blankets but beds are just too much fun to rip apart for her to keep in tact. Ruby has a great bed but we have put that up for now since they decided peeing on it was the more logical choice than laying on it, Amber has never been left alone with Ruby's bed or it too would look like the one in the picture below.

-20130108_164423-jpg-20130108_164411-jpgIt was such a beautiful bed when we brought it into the house.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Amber, aka, the bed destroyer.....doesn't get a bed anymore. We bought her a beautiful bed at Christmas and she got bord and destroyed it within two weeks of getting it. Now, she gets blankets to cover the sofa and we have four of them. We change them about every three days and wash them and just keep rotating the blankets. She drags them around and piles them up on the floor like she is doing laundry or something. She doesn't seem to lose her mind over the blankets but beds are just too much fun to rip apart for her to keep in tact. Ruby has a great bed but we have put that up for now since they decided peeing on it was the more logical choice than laying on it, Amber has never been left alone with Ruby's bed or it too would look like the one in the picture below.

-20130108_164423-jpg-20130108_164411-jpgIt was such a beautiful bed when we brought it into the house.
    Forde use to do the same thing with his beds when he was younger, as he got older he didn't tear them apart anymore but the "needing thing" he does would finally start shredding apart and then it was on i found the kong bed at petsmart, caught my eye because it said, "CHEW PROOF" if not , will replace free........i ended up exchanging 4 beds from kong due to forde biting through them....but they replaced each and every time....this is one time petsmart was a "GOOD THING" lol....this last bed although he still does the needing thing he's not as rough i guess....it's staying in tack close to a year now....forde turns 4 on this sunday i guess he's mellowing with age...lol
    Last edited by FORDE'SMOM; 05-31-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Every time I bathe Raven I wash her towels and her bedding. The toys get thrown in as needed.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We're supposed to wash their bedding?!

lol, just kidding. I wash their blankies weekly and since they sleep in bed with me, I have to change the bedding about the same frequency.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I change both of the girl's blankets and both of their beds probably once or twice a week...that's if they manege not to pee in them!! Gio sleeps on my bed so I wash my bedding once a week as well.
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I wash then at least weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

every other weekend unless the need arises for it to happen sooner
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

My bedding and the fur-kids bedding all gets washed once a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads