How often do you wash the beds, stuffed toys etc. Of your bully?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Anything fluffy be it a dog bed or a recliner arm Ace [ I almost made a Freudian slip and typed it ***] has to tear it up and get that foam out. So no fluffy nice stuff in his crate for him, so there that should teach him a lesson. This made me think of something though a bit off topic. So Ace has a case of bulldog acne and I have read that plastic bowls can be the culprit. We don't nor ever have fed out of plastic but my wife mentioned something the other morning that got me thinking. What about the plastic crate bottom that Ace sleeps on. His face is on it all night and whenever he is in his crate. So could the plastic crate bottom cause a similar reaction to worsen or cause acne as a plastic bowl? It makes since to me so I have been looking or trying to figure out how to fashion a cover just for the crate bottom that Ace couldn't pull off or tear up. Something made out of woven cotton like a towel or canvas.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Anything fluffy be it a dog bed or a recliner arm Ace [ I almost made a Freudian slip and typed it ***] has to tear it up and get that foam out. So no fluffy nice stuff in his crate for him, so there that should teach him a lesson. This made me think of something though a bit off topic. So Ace has a case of bulldog acne and I have read that plastic bowls can be the culprit. We don't nor ever have fed out of plastic but my wife mentioned something the other morning that got me thinking. What about the plastic crate bottom that Ace sleeps on. His face is on it all night and whenever he is in his crate. So could the plastic crate bottom cause a similar reaction to worsen or cause acne as a plastic bowl? It makes since to me so I have been looking or trying to figure out how to fashion a cover just for the crate bottom that Ace couldn't pull off or tear up. Something made out of woven cotton like a towel or canvas.

Interesting .. it is possible. We don't ahve anything in Linus crate because he eats it!! When I say he has nothing .. I mean it! He ate his bedding, and he ate the crate liner, so we just ordered a new metal crate liner. Unfortunately it's on backorder and has been for some time, so still waiting!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Interesting .. it is possible. We don't ahve anything in Linus crate because he eats it!! When I say he has nothing .. I mean it! He ate his bedding, and he ate the crate liner, so we just ordered a new metal crate liner. Unfortunately it's on backorder and has been for some time, so still waiting!!

I was just pricing stainless steel crate bottoms for a replacement and OMG. For one the size that would fit the crate they are more expensive than the entire crate costs. I also have been looking, with no success, for a cover for the crate bottom. Not a pad but a cover that would fit over it like a large pillow case where they would be little chance for the dog to pull off and tear it up. Something out of either woven cotton or canvas. But haven't found anything like it. If I could sew worth a dang I would make one myself out of a canvas tarp or heavy cloth bags that I have seen. But the bags would require several to be sewn together the tarp may work if I can figure out a way to secure it under the plastic crate bottom and still slide it in the crate.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Holy cow. Why do you suppose he does that? Silly boy!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Holy cow. Why do you suppose he does that? Silly boy!

I have no idea but he eats anything!! I have no decorative lights left in the back yard because he ate them all. :bitching:

I do occasionally try and test him by leaving him a few hours out of his crate, but still locked in the laundry room on a doggy bed. He will often eat the bed. :wallbang:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have no idea but he eats anything!! I have no decorative lights left in the back yard because he ate them all. :bitching:

I do occasionally try and test him by leaving him a few hours out of his crate, but still locked in the laundry room on a doggy bed. He will often eat the bed. :wallbang:

ROFLMAO!!!!

I'd suggest one of those complicated puzzle toys -- you know, to keep that little brain busy --- but he'd only eat it. hahahahahahahaha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
ROFLMAO!!!!

I'd suggest one of those complicated puzzle toys -- you know, to keep that little brain busy --- but he'd only eat it. hahahahahahahaha

Some of the solar lights out the front have stopped working so I'm going to move them in to the back as a test this weekend. Last year I made the mistake of buying loads of new ones and one by one they were dragged to the back of the yard and chewed to pieces. This time I've learnt my lesson!!! Gonna test him with the broken ones first!! :yes: :pray2:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I feel your pain, Molly has decided that the plastic chairs in the back yard are best when you knock them over and chew on the legs :eek: I'm pretty darn sure that is NOT the best use of them but she disagrees with me:bitching:

As for washing bedding/blankets etc .... hmmm since the move the dog beds haven't even made it in the house yet :lol: they are still somewhere in the garage :eek: the garage is a scary place that holds all the things we love hostage :blink: but crate blankets and bedding when not being held hostage in the garage get washed weekly and I also use the Clorox Clean Up to wash the crates each week.

Members online

No members online now.