How often do you wash the beds, stuffed toys etc. Of your bully?

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
WONDERING HOW OFTEN OTHERS HERE WASH THE BEDS, AND TOYS OF THEIR BULLIES........SEEMS LIKE FORDE GETS HIS BED SO DIRTY , RUNNING IN FROM OUTSIDE AND THEN DOING HIS BABY THING WITH IT ( THE NEEDING THING) LOL , I USUALLY END UP WASHING IT EVERY TWO WEEKS ALONG WITH HIS STUFFED TOYS !:whistle:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Our dogs can also run in and out as they want so their beds get dirty sometimes, but luckily its very rare that it rains here so it doesn't get so bad. I wash their blankets and toys every week, more for the smell than dirt though... and their beds I wash when they get dirty, maybe once a month depending on the weather:)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
great to know...i wondered if i was making forde nuts by doing this.....when i replace them clean he just sniffs and sniffs and looks at me like "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??" gotta love'em !!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber, aka, the bed destroyer.....doesn't get a bed anymore. We bought her a beautiful bed at Christmas and she got bord and destroyed it within two weeks of getting it. Now, she gets blankets to cover the sofa and we have four of them. We change them about every three days and wash them and just keep rotating the blankets. She drags them around and piles them up on the floor like she is doing laundry or something. She doesn't seem to lose her mind over the blankets but beds are just too much fun to rip apart for her to keep in tact. Ruby has a great bed but we have put that up for now since they decided peeing on it was the more logical choice than laying on it, Amber has never been left alone with Ruby's bed or it too would look like the one in the picture below.

20130108_164423.jpg20130108_164411.jpgIt was such a beautiful bed when we brought it into the house.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Amber, aka, the bed destroyer.....doesn't get a bed anymore. We bought her a beautiful bed at Christmas and she got bord and destroyed it within two weeks of getting it. Now, she gets blankets to cover the sofa and we have four of them. We change them about every three days and wash them and just keep rotating the blankets. She drags them around and piles them up on the floor like she is doing laundry or something. She doesn't seem to lose her mind over the blankets but beds are just too much fun to rip apart for her to keep in tact. Ruby has a great bed but we have put that up for now since they decided peeing on it was the more logical choice than laying on it, Amber has never been left alone with Ruby's bed or it too would look like the one in the picture below.

View attachment 45191View attachment 45192It was such a beautiful bed when we brought it into the house.
Forde use to do the same thing with his beds when he was younger, as he got older he didn't tear them apart anymore but the "needing thing" he does would finally start shredding apart and then it was on :) i found the kong bed at petsmart, caught my eye because it said, "CHEW PROOF" if not , will replace free........i ended up exchanging 4 beds from kong due to forde biting through them....but they replaced each and every time....this is one time petsmart was a "GOOD THING" lol....this last bed although he still does the needing thing he's not as rough i guess....it's staying in tack close to a year now....forde turns 4 on this sunday i guess he's mellowing with age...lol :D

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Every time I bathe Raven I wash her towels and her bedding. The toys get thrown in as needed.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We're supposed to wash their bedding?!:tongue:

lol, just kidding. I wash their blankies weekly and since they sleep in bed with me, I have to change the bedding about the same frequency.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I change both of the girl's blankets and both of their beds probably once or twice a week...that's if they manege not to pee in them:cursing:!! Gio sleeps on my bed so I wash my bedding once a week as well.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I wash then at least weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
every other weekend unless the need arises for it to happen sooner

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My bedding and the fur-kids bedding all gets washed once a week. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
There was a period of time -- long ago now -- where I was trying to figure out what was causing hives around here. It was a long, slow agonizing process of elimination. One aspect of that was laundry detergent and drier sheets. Thankfully, that wasn't it. I like to wash their stuff with bleach -- to kill anything -- and then rinse in that wonderful Downy smelly fabric softener.... :heart:
[MENTION=2572]FORDE'SMOM[/MENTION] - you are right though; clean blankies -- very excited. Rolling around in them and laying on them and sniffing them. It's a mini party.
Clean toys? They seem to be saying, " Ewwww. Why did you ruin these mama?" LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Clean toys? They seem to be saying, " Ewwww. Why did you ruin these mama?" LOL

SO freakin' true.... Banks seems so annoyed when I wash the toys.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace

View attachment 45191View attachment 45192It was such a beautiful bed when we brought it into the house.
Ace did the same thing with three beds, two of his own and one of the Maltese's. So now he has three towels in his crate which I shake out daily and wash weekly. He seldom lays on the towels but they are in there if and when he wants to. He usually kicks them to the curb and sleeps on the crate bottom. But sometimes he will sleep on them or lay his head on them while in his crate

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.