Do you hurry home to your bully?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I've been out and about or even when I'm working and I will call home to check on my Nigel and sometimes I will leave an outing early just to get home and be with him. Am I hooked or what! *SMITTEN*

Please tell me I'm not alone!:pray:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
No, believe me you are not alone! I do that too!! I love giving them lots of my time during the evenings after work, even if I'm too tired to do anything else. And I plan my wknd arrangements around them too. Sometimes I'll pass up seeing skin peeps bc I'd much prefer to be with my boys.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm rarely away for more than the time it takes to go to a movie or grocery shopping. But I really miss them when I visit my Mother-in-law :lmao:.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yup, I schedule my activities around them. For example, if there's a get together on the weekend that I can't take them to then I make sure that they either go to daycare that day or the day before so they're extra tired. I sometimes go home first and take them out right away just to put gas in my car if the I know the line ups are long, which is common for Costco stations.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We are all hooked I think, I can't wait to get home to see my babies, it's really hard since I work a 24 hr. shift, and usually go to a part time job straight after so don't get home till that afternoon, so I really miss them.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Like other's my schedule revolves around Vegas's. He eats his dinner at 5:30, so whatever I am out and about doing I know I have to be home by 5:30 to feed him.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
One of the many benefits of working from home... I don't get a chance to miss the pets.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am gone doing shows for 4 to 7 days at a time 10 times a year. My husband goes along to help 4 times and the boys go to their pet hotel. We really hustle home to pick them up. When I am gone by myself I phone at least daily to see how they are doing. Most of the shows are pet friendly but it is too much work for me to take them with me, but I used to!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You are so NOT alone.... I've done the same - left parties early, play hookie from work just to spend the day with them, even turn down invites if I can't take them with us.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Definitely not alone ... our schedule on a daily basis revolves around them. And don't even get me started on vacations ... we rarely take them because I need to know that there is somebody actually at the house full-time that I can trust to take care of them!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I should "sheepishly" add that we have even gone to bed earlier than we had planned because Maggie (who sleeps with us) has been stood at the bottom of the steps staring at us, to the point we feel so guilty that we end up going up there just to please her!!!! :ashamed:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I should "sheepishly" add that we have even gone to bed earlier than we had planned because Maggie (who sleeps with us) has been stood at the bottom of the steps staring at us, to the point we feel so guilty that we end up going up there just to please her!!!! :ashamed:

OMG -- Nitschke use to do that to me!! 10:00PM, if we were not in bed, he would sit at the bottom of the stairs and do his 'chewbaca' talk till I took him to bed

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG -- Nitschke use to do that to me!! 10:00PM, if we were not in bed, he would sit at the bottom of the stairs and do his 'chewbaca' talk till I took him to bed

Maggie makes no sound ... she just gives you the "look". You can be watching TV and suddenly you get this feeling of being watched, so you turn and there are two brown eyes staring at you. So then you try and ignore it ... this lasts anywhere between 2-5 minutes before it becomes so uncomfortable that we cave and go to bed. In fact, thats where my hubby is right now. I'm safe here in the office, but he was watching the Browns vs Steelers game and even though it was getting really good she was using THAT stare on him, so he took her to bed about 15 minutes ago!!! :ROFL:

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
I agree with everyone else, you ARE NOT ALONE! I have a specific time frame when it comes to being out, school, etc. I will not leave Tank at home any more than 5 hours, and I think that is really pushing it! After I've been out for an hour I already feel like I should be home. Before I even get out the door I apologize to him that I am leaving :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.