Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to our 2nd Annual Adopted Bulldog Photo Contest!

As many of you know, we wish to continue to spread Rescue Awareness within our "Available English Bulldogs For Adoption" area of the website. We create banners that display on all of the forum pages.

When we see a photo of an English Bulldog with their new family, we see and feel a working miracle, and such joy that brings to the face of the family with their new bulldog is indescribable. We would like people to view this joy when they come to our website, and continue to spread rescue awareness with such images.

So we would love to place your photos in areas all over the website, on different pages of the site. We want our campaign and photos to be real, unlike how many retailers use models and model dogs to promote false advertising. We want to show the truth!

To clarify what we are looking for, the photo should be of you, your family and your adopted bulldog, preferably on or close to the day you adopted them.

Entries will be accepted until July 20th.

The WINNER of this contest will receive:

• $100 donation to the NON-Profit English Bulldog Rescue of their choice
  • An English Bulldog News "Don't Shop Adopt" T-Shirt in size Medium or X-Large

Please include your bulldog's name, date of adoption, and rescue organization you adopted from (if applicable). Please also include the name of which English Bulldog Rescue Organization you wish the $100 winning prize to go to.

This contest is sponsored by Carolina Pet Pantry
:

CPP.jpg

Carolina Pet Pantry

RULES:
Each user may enter 1 or 2 Photos
Users from the same IP address (computer) will be disqualified
Each photo should be of you or your family and your adopted bulldog. Preferably on or close to the day you adopted them.
Entries will be accepted until July 20th, 2011. Voting will be done for one week by the 4 Paw Members, winner will be announced on the first of August, 2011.
By entering this contest, you agree to let us use your photo on our site pages and to promote English Bulldog Adoption.

Include your bulldogs name, date of adoption, and rescue you wish to support with the $100 donation if you win.

Voting will be done by our 4 Paw Members.

Here is what the banner looks like with last year's winner, [MENTION=403]Champ[/MENTION] Waring

English_Bulldog_Adoption1.png

HOW TO ENTER THIS CONTEST:

• You will need to reply to this topic to enter. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the "Quick Reply" box. Click the "Go Advanced" button on the bottom right of this box to get to a screen that has the available uploaders.
  • You can copy the image code from your user photo album here at English Bulldog News. Look for the bbcode that starts with
    [*]You can add a photo from photobucket or any photo website by copying the [IMG] (bbcode)
    [*]Please note, Facebook URLS do [COLOR=red]NOT[/COLOR] work, you must be "friends" on facebook so this is why they will not process
    [*]To Upload a photo via our uploader, photobucket or imageshack, click "[COLOR=red]GO ADVANCED[/COLOR]" in the reply box.
    [/LIST]PHOTO UPLOADING TUTORIALS:
    [LIST]
    [*]To upload your photo using the Photobucket uploader, [URL="http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/quick-easy-site-tutorials-new-members/853-tutorial-using-photobucket-uploader-photobucket-account-users.html"]CLICK HERE.[/URL] (This is the fastest way to submit a photo).
    [*]To upload your photo using the Imageshack uploader (no account required), [URL="http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/quick-easy-site-tutorials-new-members/2046-tutorial-using-imageshack-uploader.html"]CLICK HERE. [/URL]
    [*]To upload your photo using our photo uploader here at English Bulldog News, [URL="http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/quick-easy-site-tutorials-new-members/449-tutorial-how-upload-photos-create-user-albums.html"]CLICK HERE.[/URL]
    [/LIST]

If you are interested in becoming a 4 Paw Member to get additional perks to being a member of English Bulldog News, [url="http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/payments.php"]CLICK HERE[/URL]

BobHarbin

Jul 3, 2011
Pearlie & Me.jpg
This is Pearl ... she is deaf and had a difficult early life ... the picture was taken on the way home from picking her up from her foster family ... they said she was always shy when first meeting new people, obviously, we were meant to be ... my name is Bob Harbin ... we live in Indianapolis, IN ... Pearl was adopted in April of 2010 ... we would like to honor Indiana Bulldog Rescue ... [email protected]

RonSonjaRice

Jul 4, 2011
Ron Wally.jpgRon Wally deck.jpg
I would like to introduce you to Wallace Winston Rice. He was adopted on March 5, 2011. When he was rescued by Georgia English Bulldog Rescue in November 2010, he was near death from starvation and had a severe blockage in his intestines. As you can see, he absolutely loves sitting on his daddy's lap.

Three weeks ago Wallace was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He is currently in chemotherapy and we are praying for a miracle.

If we are fortunate and win this contest, we would like to honor Georgia English Bulldog Rescue.

Ron and Sonja Rice

Last edited:

arthurdye

Jul 12, 2011
Hello everyone, my name is Brutus! I was adopted Dec 23, 2010 from Indiana Bulldog Rescue
I’m 3 yrs old and completely blind, but I get around as good as anyone else! I can even go up and down stairs. I am adjusting easily to my new forevere home. I’m a very sweet boy who loves to play with my new brother Frankie. I love my new forever home, and all the people at Indiana Bulldog Rescue that helped me get here.

Attachments

• Christmas 2010 017.jpg
    Christmas 2010 017.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Brutus 006.jpg
    Brutus 006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
This is my late rescue Max. Max was not taken care of very well. When I got him, his nails curled under his feet. It took me years of trimming his nails every week to look semi-normal. He had arthritis in his shoulders because he had to walk weird from his nails. When we got him, we thought he was deaf, but come to find out that he had such bad ear infections that his ears closed. After some TLC he could hear perfectly. He didn't know how to play. I cried the first day he actually played. It took about a year for that day to happen. I would take him for walks, but he had to sit in a radio-flyer wagon because he couldn't walk well. Although he is no longer with us physically, he'll always be with me spiritually. He was and always will be my baby.

Meet Max and my daughter.

Maxmaya2.jpg

TammyHutton

Jul 19, 2011
This is Cash. He came into our family on February 4 2011. He was rescued by the Alberta Bulldog Rescue and has been the perfect addition to our home.
In the first photo, Cash and Dad are having a stare down...they often say that pets resemble their owners!
In the second photo, this is Cash after his trip to the groomer, puppy kisses all around when he is there! He is such a handsome Bulldog and the girls just love him!

If we are fortunate enough to win this contest we would like to donate the $100 to the Alberta Bulldog Rescue

Tammy Hutton
Cash1.jpg
Cash2.jpg

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
This is my Katie! I adopted her at the beginning of May, 2011. I am unsure of Katie's past, because I got her from craigslist. The people who had her before me only had her for one week, but during that week, they had to take her to the vet and get her medication for dark spots on her head and ear infections. They were not able to keep her because she did not get along with their small dogs, so during the time they had her, she was confined to one room in the house and not happy! :( She was given to them and then to me with only her papers.. no harness, no toys, no food. I am so happy that I can give this loving baby a home and spoil her rotten! She now has toys, harnesses, and collars galore, and gets so much love. :) She is such a joy to me and everyone she meets! Here are two pictures of Katie and me taken our first month together. :) I would donate the $100 to Alabama English Bulldog Rescue, because I live in Alabama and hope to be a foster mommy someday.

wlw9x-albums-new-addition-picture7753-close.jpg

15odzb6.jpg

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
We would like everyone to meet Rex. Rex recently joined our family on July 14, 2011. He is almost three years old. We have always wanted and English Bulldog. We spent countless hours on this forum researching the breed before finding this guy. Many thanks to all of the posts they were helpful in allowing us to make the right decision.

After weeks of searching we were on Craigslist and stumbled across his ad. We immediately contacted his owner when she told us about him. We met the following day. When we saw his environment, we knew that we had to save him. The gentleman who had him also had three other dogs he had taken in when his owner passed away. He had been mistreated by a Frenchie and injured his back legs while trying to breed the boxer. When we asked the owner how does he like bathes he told me that he got one when he was a puppy and that was it. He has some skin issues that we are overcoming daily and he smelled in the most terrible way. Had to drive with the windows down! He had never had his nails trimmed. He had been neglected.

After a detailed cleaning, we took him to our vet the next day and they were amazed by him. Other than the hot spots he is in perfect health condition. We have currently on antibiotics and topical spray and the hot spots are healing. We did change his diet from Pedigree. We have him on a grain free Salmon food to help with skin condition and allergies. We are also giving him Salmon oil capsules to help with skin and coat. We are going to get him fixed soon. But we feel like he has had a lot of change rencently and are going to wait a couple more weeks to do it.

He has made the most perfect transition from his past home to ours. He gets along with our other dogs and loves our kids. We had to submit photos of our three children Colton, Kinsey, and Rex.

If we were to win this contest we would like to make the donation in Rex's name to Oklahoma - Bully for You English Bulldog Rescue.

Kids hugging Rex Resized.jpg

Kids and Rex Resized.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This contest is now closed, good luck to all the rescued bullies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.