Bulldogs & Their Humans In Pink Contest
Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness
About This Contest:
EBN Members & Their Bulldogs: Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Contest
Hi everybody! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Cheryl. My mom's name is Myrna aka @mom2bullies. Let me tell you a little about our story and the reason this months contest is a little special to us at English Bulldog News. If you want...take a look at this article that paints a small picture of my mom's journey. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...u-Will-Survive!
After my mom got her "remission" confirmation, life went on for us. My mom still was having to have blood transfusions for her low platelets due to ITP. August 2013 came around, and her husband took her on a road trip to St. Paul, Minnesota. During the trip her platelet count was so incredibly low that she developed a brain bleed and ended up in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. During this hospital stay she had a craniotomy to release the blood on the brain, she had her spleen cauterized (which didn't work), then they went in and (FINALLY) removed the spleen. During this time they discovered cirrhosis of the liver. I got her on a plane and flew her home while she was still unable to walk...with staples up and down her side. Once home, it was discovered she had a blood infection, blood clot....and so much other stuff.
My mom spent the next month in the hospital and a nursing home. She made it home in time for Thanksgiving! Once she recovered from the surgeries and the other stuff, life returned to normal. Until recently. She has been having headaches.... some of which are quite painful. Several ER visits later bring us to today. My mom has been diagnosed with metastatic cancer. The cancer has traveled thru her body and attached itself to her brain, spine and lung. She has already done radiation for the brain and she has done 2 treatments of Gemcitabine (chemo).
She has been told that she will be on chemo for the rest of her life. The photo above and below mean so much to me...they bring tears to my eyes. The "I will survive" is a photo I took of my own hands and gave to my mom as an inspiration piece. 3 weeks ago I got my very first tattoo and then set my camera up on a tripod with a cable release. I asked my mom for a hug and she was such a trooper in helping capture this photo that holds so much emotion it's amazing. So...I ask, those who want to enter this contest, please be creative with your entry. We are looking for a statement piece, a love piece, a brave piece. Anything that shows support. Photoshop it if you want, add bling, quotes....just something fun and creative. My mom will be helping me choose the winning photo, and she will most likely choose a photo that brings the biggest smile to her face. The winner of this contest will be featured on the Home Page for October Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Only one photo per user please! If you submit more than one photo we will choose one from your entries.
- Bulldogs and their humans wearing pink photos are welcome to enter our contest. Any photo that is taken by a member that is breast cancer related is also allowed.
- After Sept 26, 2014 we will no longer accept entries. ***UPDATE*** My mom hasn't been feeling well since her last chemo treatment on 9/26. The contest will remain open until she is able to choose her favorite photo. Sorry for the delay.
- Winning photo will be chosen by both Libra926 and Mom2bullies
- Winner and Runner Up will be announced on Oct 1, 2014.
- Once you enter your photo in this contest you are giving English Bulldog News permission to publish it on their website and newsletter correspondence, and possible future items such as calendars and greeting cards.
- Your photo must belong to you. Copyright laws forbid you from entering a photograph that was not taken (or taken with your camera to clarify) and the photo must belong by you.
- You must be a registered member of English Bulldog News and submit your photo by replying to this topic.
Winner of this contest will receive the following prizes:
Pink Ribbon Comfy Pet Pad
How to enter your photo in the contest:
- You will need to reply to this topic to enter. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the "Quick Reply" box. Click the image icon in the editor and upload your photo.
- You can copy the image code from and outside photo hosting like photobucket, imageshack, ect. Look for the bbcode that starts with [IMG]
If you are interested in becoming a 4 Paw Member to get additional perks to being a member of English Bulldog News, CLICK HERE
Contest is sponsored by My Bulldogs Love Me Greeting Cards & Comfy Pet Pads