Not open for further replies.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have all the entries downloaded onto my tablet. I will be seeing my mom tomorrow around 5ish. I'm reopening to contest for another day for any last minute entries. @Davidh....your pink photo from your firehouse needs to be entered. Anyone else? Have a go at it. We have so few entries! Although all the entries we have are fabulous!

Or if you have a second entry that any of you would like to submit...

The more the merrier. I just want to show her all the thought and love you guys have put into this contest.

How about a little encouragement?

I got a call yesterday from my mom. She wanted to wish me a happy birthday. After I talked to her (she sounded wonderful) I talked to my step dad. A few weeks ago I attended chemo with her and at the time the Dr who was covering basically told my mom her liver enzymes were way too high and she should NOT be doing chemo. She also said that high enzymes probably means the chemo isn't working, and no sense putting poison in her body if it wasn't working. Or that the cancer has spread more. That we should probably try a different chemo. NOT REALIZING that we had already been told this is the last chance chemo. If this doesn't work...there was nothing else. The look on my mom's face was heartbreaking. The covering dr ordered a CT scan ....and decided to let my mom do chemo. Unfortunately...the CT scan was a few weeks out.

Back to yesterday...my birthday. JD got on the phone and wished me a happy birthday. Then he tole me this......

The CT scan showed that the mass on her liver is gone. It is non-existant. It gets better......................

The CT scan showed the mass on her lungs is gone. In fact...it might have been more of a COPD issue. It gets better.........

The dye my mom had to drink showed a few spots on her spine. In fact...she had to drink A LOT of dye for it to even show up. They said there is no decay on her bones and NO fractures. The radiation on her brain has shrunk the pin sized tumors on her brain. Although those will never go away...they can be controlled.

She will probably be on chemo for the rest of her life. So....HELP US CELEBRATE! MORE ENTRIES PLEASE!!!

@Pati Robins @dolphin @cefe13 @bullmama @agentbunny @karleydavidson46 @mer55 @Petra @JennieS @ddnene @2BullyMama @cali baker @Manydogs @bullybaby @Ftse 100 @Biogirl71 @Vikinggirl

@JeannieCO!!!

This is such wonderful news and brought tears to my eyes! God is SO GOOD!!!! I'll continue sending prayers to you and your family.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Cheryl [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] that is the best news ever, I'm sitting here crying:') My mom is also on Chemo therapy (lung cancer), thankfully it has worked really well for her so far but she also has to go through chemo for the rest of her life. I'm really so happy for you all<3

I wish I had time to enter more photos, I'll see if I can get a break here at some point. It's a mess, we moved on Saturday and has been completely without water since then, it would have been ok if it wasn't for the fact that the house has had some work done on it so it's dust and dirt everywhere, I'm going insane here.

Here are some old photo that can work in case I don't get the time:) I think they could be cuter with captions maybe... Harvey the Chihuahua got to be with on a corner with his pink shirt:)

PhotoArt_10142013000855.jpgPhotoArt_10302013151922.jpgPhotoArt_01112014154950.jpgPhotoArt_09302014090232.jpgPhotoArt_09302014090439.jpg

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just a reminder that this contest is still open. My mom fell ill and is unable to select a winner, so until we can get her better we will still except entries.

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Here are our girls in their pink sweatshirts with their grandma in her breast cancer survivor shirt just before the OC Komen walk for the cure. We were going to have the girls walk with us all but it was too hot outside.

photo.jpg

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Here are our girls in their pink sweatshirts with their grandma in her breast cancer survivor shirt just before the OC Komen walk for the cure. We were going to have the girls walk with us all but it was too hot outside.

View attachment 78059

What a wonderful photo!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

View attachment 78059

I absolutely LOVE this pic… Look at those smiles!!! :D

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I will be seeing my mom about 630 pm tomorrow PST. You have until then to submit your entries. After that the contest will be closed and the winner will be selected. Thank you everyone who participated..... we really appreciate it and love all the photos!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will be seeing my mom about 630 pm tomorrow PST. You have until then to submit your entries. After that the contest will be closed and the winner will be selected. Thank you everyone who participated..... we really appreciate it and love all the photos!!!

Give mom a big ole hug from all of us!!! :grouphug:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The winner has been decided and will be announced shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online