Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Cheryl these pictures aren't for the contest, I already posted those for your Mom. These are some smiles for your Mom, and for you for your Birthday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 58
OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This contest is now closed for entries.
I truly thank everyone who took the time and entered a photo. My mom and I will be viewing them this Sunday (if she's feeling well after her chemo treatment on Friday) and she will choose the one that she loves the most.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have all the entries downloaded onto my tablet. I will be seeing my mom tomorrow around 5ish. I'm reopening to contest for another day for any last minute entries. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]....your pink photo from your firehouse needs to be entered. Anyone else? Have a go at it. We have so few entries! Although all the entries we have are fabulous!

Or if you have a second entry that any of you would like to submit...

The more the merrier. I just want to show her all the thought and love you guys have put into this contest.

How about a little encouragement?

I got a call yesterday from my mom. She wanted to wish me a happy birthday. After I talked to her (she sounded wonderful) I talked to my step dad. A few weeks ago I attended chemo with her and at the time the Dr who was covering basically told my mom her liver enzymes were way too high and she should NOT be doing chemo. She also said that high enzymes probably means the chemo isn't working, and no sense putting poison in her body if it wasn't working. Or that the cancer has spread more. That we should probably try a different chemo. NOT REALIZING that we had already been told this is the last chance chemo. If this doesn't work...there was nothing else. The look on my mom's face was heartbreaking. The covering dr ordered a CT scan ....and decided to let my mom do chemo. Unfortunately...the CT scan was a few weeks out.

Back to yesterday...my birthday. JD got on the phone and wished me a happy birthday. Then he tole me this......

The CT scan showed that the mass on her liver is gone. It is non-existant. It gets better......................

The CT scan showed the mass on her lungs is gone. In fact...it might have been more of a COPD issue. It gets better.........

The dye my mom had to drink showed a few spots on her spine. In fact...she had to drink A LOT of dye for it to even show up. They said there is no decay on her bones and NO fractures. The radiation on her brain has shrunk the pin sized tumors on her brain. Although those will never go away...they can be controlled.

She will probably be on chemo for the rest of her life. So....HELP US CELEBRATE! MORE ENTRIES PLEASE!!!

[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=10206]agentbunny[/MENTION] [MENTION=12803]karleydavidson46[/MENTION] [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=12471]bullybaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awesome news, I hope she continues to improve. What did they say about her liver enzymes being so high? I wanted to put a pick in there but couldn't figure out how to make a subject pink, and didn't think about the fire pic, since I didn't put the pink in there, but I will add the pic. Prayers sent to your mom. Here is Hazel in her winter coat.

IMAG1646.jpg

BeBe wanted to get in on the post too. Thanks Cheryl for the photo edit. :)

Pink Bebe.jpg

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] submission!

david pink.jpg

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Awesome news, I hope she continues to improve. What did they say about her liver enzymes being so high? I wanted to put a pick in there but couldn't figure out how to make a subject pink, and didn't think about the fire pic, since I didn't put the pink in there, but I will add the pic. Prayers sent to your mom.

It turns out that chemo in general can cause elevated liver enzymes. What every the normal range is.....hers was double.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgThis is Fantastic news, and probably the best Birthday Present you could ever ask for. I'm so happy for you and your Mom, and I hope she continues to improve and get stronger. Sending tons of Hugs, Lots Of Love, and a Million Prayers for your Mom. Xoxoxo , and lots of Slobbery kisses from Dozer and Blossom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 50

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Libra926 I thought about this whole thing all night and all morning and really think this is miraculous. I believe in miracles and think mom's had one happen here. I can't stop thinking about her and how this has happened. It's confirms my belief that God does say yes to our prayers every once in a while.

Buster was pretty perturbed when I made him wear pink. Its all I got. :happy:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] Henny, yes that is me, and Cheryl [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] put the pink in the pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.