cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
When I brought the Kong Toys to the So Cal Bulldog Rescue facility yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting this little guy,

IMG_5720.jpg Yes folks, this is Gary, the bully who we just held a fundraiser for. And boy, is he one handsome dude!

Gary is so vivacious, sweet, loving, spunky, and has so much energy. I am amazed at how well he's doing from his recent major surgery. He will be undergoing his leg surgery this coming Friday and SCBR is so thankful to EBN for helping to pay for that, as a result of our fundraiser.

This is a little clip of Gary in action:

IMG_5722.jpgGary is an incredibly social bully and here he is greeting Annie, another SCBR bully.

IMG_5729.jpgGary was so excited when he received his Kong. He was playing with that like crazy!

IMG_5736.jpgHere he is with his Christmas Wreath around his neck

IMG_5766.jpgI love this little boy!

IMG_5775.jpgIMG_5779.jpgThis is Keith (on the left), and Chris…they are Gary's foster parents. They wanted me to tell everyone on EBN how thankful they are for the money raised to help Gary and his future surgery.

It was definitely a pleasure and an honor for me to meet Gary yesterday, and to meet the foster parents who are so giving and generous in opening their hearts and homes to bullies like Gary.

Gary sends a BIG KISS to English Bulldog News!!
:muah2:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Now this is the icing on the cake. How incredible special for you, and us, to see Gary in this setting. And for you to be able to meet him and hug him, WOW!!! What an absolute incredible day you had Henny! I have to admit I'm jealous but in a good way that you got to meet Gary. Great job again!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] you are such a lucky duck! How awesome to have met Gary, he is so handsome! What an incredible day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I cannot believe that this awesome boy was almost put down. He is one incredible bulldog…i'm not just saying that, he truly IS. I believe it was God's hands that intervened on the day that Gary was at the shelter and the rescue volunteer happened to also be there. Yesterday was a rewarding day for me too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC.... I love this, Henny what a great day for you! So happy you got to meet that awesome boy, I so hope he finds a great forever home soon

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
FANTASTIC.... I love this, Henny what a great day for you! So happy you got to meet that awesome boy, I so hope he finds a great forever home soon

Thank you Christine! SCBR was telling me that there are already lots of folks interested in adopting Gary! he's going to make a family very happy :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What a wonderful thing! He has been on my mind, since I saw the photo of him before his surgery. I saw it once-and never could look again. I can not believe how someone could just leave him.... He looks so wonderful, and all who help in fosters and rescues are wonderful people. You have to exceptionally STRONG, LOVING, and UNSELFISH enough to do this work. I want to keep them all-but just can't DO it..................I guess my heart is just not big enough.
Fosters and rescues are certainly the silent heroes :angelheart:Thanks to ALL of them.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
This is so great. Gary stole my heart - he reminded me a little of Dudley. I can't bear that they were going to put him down...now look at him! He's fabulous and will be a terrific addition to someone's home. After such a bad week last week...this is such a joy! Thanks Henny!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Reading Gary's story was very emotional for me - I called my wife in to read it also - we decided we had to help, so we made a donation to his cause .Then we went on to check out the Southern California Bulldog Rescue site - it is so heartwarming to see all of the the places across the USA that give so much time and effort to save the unwanted and abused BULLYS (the people who had them must be nuts ) We love our April and the change she has made on us since we were blessed to include her in our pack ...So we picked out shirts to help out SCBR too they made great Christmas gifts for each of us . We are going to make this a more than annual thing !!!
scbr4.jpg
scbr3.jpgGOD BLESS THE BULLDOG RESCUE VOLUNTEER'S AND FOSTER CAREGIVERS

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had contributed to Gary's cause, and I'm so glad that you got to meet him Henny! I hope that he ends up in a wonderful home very soon...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
How awesome is that Henny!! Wow you are so lucky to have met that sweet boy. I just loved all the pics of him and the video, thanks a million for sharing with us. :2thumbs:

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Henny, thank you soooo much for sharing you're so lucky to have meet Gary. My 12 year old read his story and after sharing it with me and both of us crying and feeling so impotent we decided to make a donation to help raise the $ needed to help Gary is awesome to know that so many of us came to the rescue, this was a great teaching moment as a mother to my son. He now knows that you can make a difference in a bullies life.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=7482]Benedict2013[/MENTION] I was just about to tag you...but you posted at the same time as me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.