cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi gang, I just wanted to introduce to you a few of the bulldogs who benefited from our recent Toy Drive. Yesterday I visited the Southern California Bulldog Rescue facility in Santa Ana, CA. to bring them a box of Kong Toys.

There, SCBR has several bullies who are undergoing treatment for various illnesses as well as bullies who are in a regular kennel, awaiting a foster home.

IMG_5712.jpgThis little lady is Annie. She is recuperating from surgery for Pyometra. She is such a gentle, sweet little girl and though she wasn't feeling very well, she still managed to smile for the camera.

IMG_5708.jpgThis is Lori, a foster mom to Chloe, who is recovering from a Black Widow Spider bite and spay surgery. Chloe lived a life living in her backyard with little human attention. Her previous owners left her out for 1 week while they were on vacation with only a bowl of water and a bowl of food and it was during that time that the spider bit her on the neck. The wound was quite large but Lori says she's recovering beautifully and will be up for adoption soon. Chloe is a perky, pretty bully full of personality.

IMG_5710.jpgThis is Rocky Roll, another SCBR bully. I don't know his story but he had some wounds on his face. He is one handsome fellow.

IMG_5785.jpg IMG_5787.jpgHere is Chris, one of the SCBR volunteers, giving Annie a Kong in her kennel; Annie is in the ICU part of the facility.

IMG_5788.jpgChloe getting her Kong toy. She was very excited about her present!

IMG_5753.jpg Some of the SCBR volunteers and foster parents

IMG_5797.jpgMe and Skip, the founder of SCBR.

It was such a rewarding experience visiting the SCBR facility, meeting the volunteers, and most of all, meeting the bulldogs and seeing that they are getting the care they need. SCBR says a big THANK YOU to EBN and for giving the bullies toys and some joy during the holidays.

Attachments

• IMG_5786.jpg
    IMG_5786.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 138

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you Henny... What a great day you had, thank you for taking the time to spread the toys to those sweet babies and sharing the experience with us !!! So awesome

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Henny, this just made my day and then some. What an incredible experience that must have been. Loved see the bullies too. Makes me want them all. Bless you my friend. :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am in happy tears right now, I'm so happy you were able to meet all those wonderful bullies! I hope they all find a wonderful forever home soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So wonderful...but I was outraged when I read that some so-called human left a poor baby home alone outside for a week with a bowl or water and a bowl of food...that made me sick to my stomach!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
What a great insight ,and beautiful bullies (and you Henny )
Looks like all the fur babies enjoyed their new kongs xx

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is way cool you got to go there and see the bullies and give them their Kong toy. So happy for you Henny, as I wish I could have been there too.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
good on you Henny for taking the time in doing this and sharing all those great photos of the Bullies

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That is so awesome! I'm jealous of your awesome experience! I think SoCal has always been one of my favorite rescues!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.