Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
051.jpg
Please check out my special Hoodie Auction too! CLICK HERE!

Hi ā€“ my name is Gary and I am one very, very lucky dogā€¦I was saved from the South Los Angeles Animal Shelter just hours before I would have been put to sleep (talk about being in the right place at the right time!).

My story is thisā€¦as I was being brought into the animal shelter as a ā€œstrayā€ a very nice rescue lady from Philly Pfoundation who was at the shelter pulling another dog saw me. This rescue lady is good friends with So Cal Bulldog Rescue (SCBR). My rear end was a mess ā€“ I had a prolapsed colon. That means that my colon was coming out of my body. The shelter worker turned to the Philly Pfoundation rescue lady and asked if she would take me because if not, they were going to put me to sleep that afternoon because the shelter did not have the means to fix me. This nice rescue lady immediately got on the phone to SCBR and asked if she should take me for SCBR. Thank goodness the answer was yes and I was on my way to being rescued!

012.jpg

018 Gary prolapsed colon.jpg

I was taken directly from the shelter to the SCBR vet but they took one look at me and said the job was too much for them to do since it was closing time and said I needed to go to an emergency clinic as it needed to be done asap. They took me to Southern California Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Irvine, California. The doctors evaluated me and said that there were several options to the surgery. The easiest and least invasive surgery would have been where they could try and shrink the membrane and just pull the prolapsed colon back inside me. If that didnā€™t work they would have to go into my abdomen and pull it back inside that way. Well, once I was on the operating table they could not shrink the colon enough and turns out that they had to go in through my abdomen. The good news is that the surgery was a success and I now have a beautiful behind! But, I am not quite out of the woods yet. The surgeonā€™s biggest fear is that of internal infection. Since they didnā€™t have any history on me they had no way of telling how long my colon was exposed and how much bacteria there could be. They have pumped me full of antibiotics to try and keep me infection free.

On top of all of this they noticed that I have a severe medial luxating patella on my rear left leg. That means another expensive surgery for me in the near future.

As it stands right now, it has cost SCBR over $3,000 to get my prolapsed colon fixed. It is going to cost another $2,000 to fix my rear left leg. No one knows my birthday for sure but everyone is convinced Iā€™m a young guy ā€“ they think Iā€™m about two years of age. That means I should have many good years to look forward to. My friends at SCBR would be so grateful for any donations sent their way to help with these unexpected expenses for me. No amount is too small.

Thank you for reading my story and many thanks for whatever help is being sent on to SCBR.

Love ya,
GARY

Gary 023.jpg Gary 036 kissing nicole.jpg
In good spirits after surgery with one of Gary's foster moms, Nichole

Gary 028.jpg
Look at my new beautiful booty!

How To Donate

Our goal is to raise $2,000 to cover Gary's next surgery on his left rear leg.

Here's how it works:

Last day of this fundraiser is December 15th, 2013.

Simply donate to the Gary the Bulldog fundraiser located at the top of the forums on the FORUM page or
CLICK HERE to make your donation.

You do not have to be a registered member to donate as the drawing will go by your first initial last name from your paypal donation.

EBNdonor_lg.png

All donors will receive this special award for their profile!​

Bonus Gifts For Opening Your :heart: to Gary

Now for the best part! Since you are so willing to give your hearts and dive into your pockets for Gary, English Bulldog News is also going to have a drawing of gifts to several special donors.

The gifts are grand, but we really need to put all we can into this fundraiser.

** If this is your first time participating in our fundraiser, the chances at a gift work like this **

For each $5 you donate, you get your name put in once.

For each $20 you donate, you get your name in 5 times (1 extra time).

The gifts will be drawn by an unbiased party as an added bonus to you and a little fun for us!

Once a winners name is drawn for a prize, they cannot win another prize.

Now here are the Gift Draw Prizes!!

crate pad.jpg
1 Donating Member Will Receive a Mustang Sally Comfy Crate Pad
donated by [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

IMG_3775.jpg
6 Donating Members Could Receive
Bulldog Pup in Bed Ornament
Donated by [MENTION=6915]Valentine215[/MENTION]

ornament-bulldog 5.jpg
4 Donating Members Could Receive
SoCal 2012 Ornament
Donated by SoCal Bulldog Rescue

ornament-bulldog 2.jpg
2 Donating Members Could Receive
Happy Howlidays Ornament Frame

ornament-bulldog 3.jpg
Santa Paws Ornament Frame

ornament-bulldog 4.jpg
Snowflake Bone Ornament Frame

ornament-bulldog 1.jpg
1 Donating Member Could Receive
Kingsheart Forge Bulldog Ornament

skaterhoodie.jpg
skaterhoodie1.jpg
1 Bulldog Sk8r hoodie or Non-Sk8tr Hoodie
by Lou's Doggie Boutique
donated by JeannieCO
Wilson wears a Large (he's 59lbs), Emma wear's a Medium (she's 48lbs).

Non Bulldog Sk8tr Hoodie
sk8tr2_zps23d50a2e.jpg

Loussizingchart_zpse20e3b12.jpg

Your choice from Stock on hand:

Sk8tr Hoodies

Bulldog Extra Large (great for normal built dogs too)
Bulldog Large
Bulldog Medium
Bulldog Small

Non Bulldog Sk8tr
Small (great for a chihuahua size dog)
Extra Small (great for a wiener dog)

Bulldog Fleece
Bulldog Medium (Black)

Non Bulldog sizes:
XX Large Grey
XX Large Black

3 donating members could receive a set of 5 "My Bulldogs Love Me ~ Greeting Cards"

Winners select 5 cards out of 36 different designs!

Here are just some of the many designs to choose from:
IMG_91761 final watermarked.jpgIMG_0333 better watermarked.jpgIMG_318812 watermarked.jpgMoe birthday front watermark.jpg
IMG_829621 waermarkedd.jpgIMG_8602 6 watermark.jpgIMG_9914 jpeg 2  watermarked.jpg

Visit @Libra926's Etsy shop to view all the cards...including the greeting on the inside!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BulldogGreetingCards

One donating member could receive a set of 5 Engraved Wood Photo Tags
Donated by [MENTION=8824]mavsfan4life[/MENTION]

A modern day spin on the family tree. Our wood tags, are engraved with your photos to create a truly unique photo display in your home. The photo tags can be further personalized with optional engraved text on the reverse side - you could include name, dates of birth and/or death, marriage information, etc. Each tag includes ribbon or string (4 color options) for hanging. A unique way to display photos. A truly special keepsake that you can add new engraved tags to as your family grows. Also makes a great Christmas Ornament or Gift Tag

Engraved Wood Photo Tag - Present.jpgEngraved Wood Photo Tags - Home Display.jpgEngraved Wood Photo Tags - Organic Display CU.jpgEngraved-Wood-Photo-Tags---.jpg

For additional information visit [MENTION=8824]mavsfan4life[/MENTION]'s website: http://www.bellamerce.com/engraved-wood-photo-tags-for-family-tree/

How To Donate

Here's how it works:

Last day of this fundraiser is December 15th, 2013.

Simply donate to the Gary the Bulldog fundraiser located at the top of the forums on the FORUM page
or CLICK HERE to make your donation.

EBNdonor_lg.png

All donors will receive this special award for their profile!

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This fundraiser is now open, many great gift prizes available. You can view the donation bar on the FORUM page to see how close we are to our goal for Gary! :up:

Look at his sweet happy face :luv:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gary is a doll and very lucky that lady came to his rescue. :heart:

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome boy and looks so sweet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:bump: Great start! Thank you to all who have donated so far. :smoochwink:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
oh my gosh, Gary has such a sweet little face, i wish i could just kiss him better! i hope this donation helps!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all, we are well over halfway in our goal already! Even if we don't reach it, we will surely help out tremendously for his next surgery. You all are wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Just donated on behalf of [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] s wife Maggie who made me an awesome Christmas gift for me and is refusing any kind of payment. Her only request is a donation to Gary's fundraiser! It's so great knowing such selfless and caring people on this forum! Thank you Phil and Maggie and God bless Gary!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just donated on behalf of @pdolphin27 s wife Maggie who made me an awesome Christmas gift for me and is refusing any kind of payment. Her only request is a donation to Gary's fundraiser! It's so great knowing such selfless and caring people on this forum! Thank you Phil and Maggie and God bless Gary!

:bravo:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yay Gary!

Things are tight around the holidays for many but, together, every $5 or $10 can make a big difference!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.