Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fromm Four Star Foods

We took the plunge today & are going to start George on Fromm's pork & pea. He has been on Orijin and he has done okay, but has started having tear stain issues. Fromm is much cheaper than the Orijin and I am hoping for the best on this new food. Wouldn't have known what to switch to without everyone on here!!!
    Follow George on Instagram-- @georgemichaelthebulldog

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMomma View Post
    We took the plunge today & are going to start George on Fromm's pork & pea. He has been on Orijin and he has done okay, but has started having tear stain issues. Fromm is much cheaper than the Orijin and I am hoping for the best on this new food. Wouldn't have known what to switch to without everyone on here!!!
    Orijen is also an excellent food, hopefully you have good success with Fromm. Keep us posted!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

3. Likes adorabullmoose liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Several questions: how does a post like this come up new on the Community post? I have seen post from 2011 pop up new. How do the pictures on top get into the rotation? Fromm puppy pink bag is what the boys eat. They turned 8 months old last Sunday. Do you normally keep pups on puppy food for a year or longer? I know transition is fairly easy if we stay within the Fromm Family but their weight is good and they love it is there a hurry to change? Thanks for the help. Ralphie

5. Likes adorabullmoose liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieBoy View Post
    Several questions: how does a post like this come up new on the Community post? I have seen post from 2011 pop up new. How do the pictures on top get into the rotation? Fromm puppy pink bag is what the boys eat. They turned 8 months old last Sunday. Do you normally keep pups on puppy food for a year or longer? I know transition is fairly easy if we stay within the Fromm Family but their weight is good and they love it is there a hurry to change? Thanks for the help. Ralphie
    Any post that gets replied to will bump up to the top of the feeds, as far as changing I agree if they are doing well on it there is no reason to change, I switch mine at around 6 months but more out of convenience because it's what I feed my adults. Some say it's better to switch early to help slow down growth, and the four star line has less fat than the puppy food does.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

7. Likes adorabullmoose liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Any post that gets replied to will bump up to the top of the feeds, as far as changing I agree if they are doing well on it there is no reason to change, I switch mine at around 6 months but more out of convenience because it's what I feed my adults. Some say it's better to switch early to help slow down growth, and the four star line has less fat than the puppy food does.
    How does the pictures rotate?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moose
    Likes (Received)

Ugh! I am battling tear stains now. The breeder gave him Purina Puppy Chow Complete and his dogs had no tear stains. I bring Moose home and slowy transition to Nutro Ultra Puppy only because we have a 12 year old Shitzu eating Nutro Ultra. I just thought it would be easier. Moose immediately got tear stains. I bought the true blue safe eye wipes, I add ACV to his water and after reading comments from others about tear stains am switching him to Taste of the Wild. If this doesn't work I will definitely try Fromm.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adorabullmoose View Post
    Ugh! I am battling tear stains now. The breeder gave him Purina Puppy Chow Complete and his dogs had no tear stains. I bring Moose home and slowy transition to Nutro Ultra Puppy only because we have a 12 year old Shitzu eating Nutro Ultra. I just thought it would be easier. Moose immediately got tear stains. I bought the true blue safe eye wipes, I add ACV to his water and after reading comments from others about tear stains am switching him to Taste of the Wild. If this doesn't work I will definitely try Fromm.
    Keep in mind teething can cause eye watering which can result in the tear stains
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads