Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I purchased this coupler so I could walk my bulldogs all together with only 1 leash. The coupler works great!! It comes in 2 sizes, 12 inch & 24 inch.

a__64054_std.jpg I am very glad I bought this, it will make our walks much more manageable!

they also have a 2-way coupler a__62670_std.jpg the 2-way coupler can be ordered in leather as well.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nice! You must be a great walker because mine would be a tangled mess ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
They tangle for about 5 minutes, and they figure it out :) when Gizmo pulls left, Hershey goes left, when Hershey pulls right, Gizmo goes LEFT, cause Gizmo goes where she wants to go and he gets drug along! LOL no walks right now due to Hershey's knee, but we'll use the coupler again when we start walking :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have one for Usko and Voitto. Now when they're so diffenrent in size the whole walk is a hilarious mess.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] & [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] ... I did a post with a crazy sleepy narration and lots of pictures, once I put it on them for the first time and realized how far they could get away from each other I was really worried about the first walk :lol: the bulldogs did great, the girls trotted side by side and Diesel walked a few steps behind them ... I loved how great the 3 walked together BUT my sons Lab really really really messed up the whole walk experience

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@desertskybulldogs & @kazzy220 ... I did a post with a crazy sleepy narration and lots of pictures, once I put it on them for the first time and realized how far they could get away from each other I was really worried about the first walk :lol: the bulldogs did great, the girls trotted side by side and Diesel walked a few steps behind them ... I loved how great the 3 walked together BUT my sons Lab really really really messed up the whole walk experience

:laugh:

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava

:p when I want to see what its like to read the ramblings of a crazy person I pull up that post ... I'm even more crazy when sleep apparently :lol:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I jerry rigged a coupler thing once for these two. Here's how it went:

Bo "pulled" on Bea as he wanted to move forward. Bea put her head down, put on the brakes and refused to be pulled anywhere by Bo. End of coupler experience. LOL

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I jerry rigged a coupler thing once for these two. Here's how it went:

Bo "pulled" on Bea as he wanted to move forward. Bea put her head down, put on the brakes and refused to be pulled anywhere by Bo. End of coupler experience. LOL

The girls pull Diesel along but as long as mom is right there with him he will just trot along behind them :lol: he is a wee bit of a mommies boy

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good boy Diesel! Bea could stand a lesson or two from him. [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] If only Bo could pull Bea along....what a dream that would be!

I think walking a dog that's not a "good walker" is probably something that many of us EB folks must deal with. For me, the MOST frustrating part of our daily walk and truly the ONE (and only) THING that annoys me about walking these dogs together is Bea's frequent (60% of the time) plodding along AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE. And they are both particularly mopey when we're on that last block heading home. Everyone's tired - but no one wants to stop walking (or inching along like a caterpillar if you're Bea). I have to take deep breaths and remember to stand straight and not give in to my desire to use irony on Bea ("Hey Bea - can you PLEASE walk slower? Oh that's right, it's NOT POSSIBLE!") She doesn't speak English so my words just sound like angry gibberish; solves nothing. Breathe. Straighten. Look ahead (not at the dog). Do not be frustrated. It's a mantra for me.

The situation HAS however, forced some creativity from me. It rains a lot here. Bea LOVES water in any form. I put on my knee high rubber boots and stomp in the puddles, as we walk down the road. Bea will literally PRANCE along DANCING RIGHT BEHIND ME AT ANY SPEED in order to participate. She loves this. Bo likes it too because we're finally moving closer to a speed he'd prefer. Another thing I do with her is have her chase a long stick. She'll never walk at that pace for any sustained period of time and her prey drive is off the chain. She'll chase the tip of that stick (I run and pull it behind me) till the cows come home. She gets to catch it of course. (To not let her catch it once in awhile would be unfair.) Kicking pine cones used to work - doesn't anymore - although Bo enjoys catching them in mid air now (Bea could care less) and there's always BUBBLES. Bea will chase them as long as I can blow them. I have no excuses to have crazy, pent up, un-exercised, frustrated dogs. And I know I cannot train or modify the behavior of my dogs if they're koo koo for cocoapuffs.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - Oh my goodness, as we discovered before we are long lost twins and now I think we got our bulldogs mixed up! Bea is suppose to be with me since she walks just my pace :lol: my 3 enjoy their walks but none of them are fast walkers, they just trot along enjoying themselves, lucky for me I can keep up :lol:

I admire, love and applaud your creativity to get Bea more interested in the walk, that's awesome!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online