Slow Feed Bowl

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have used a couple different types. The best one that worked for me was the plastic with dividers. It has been amazing for Bella and her aggressive eating. The Stainless steel one with the hump in the middle didn't slow her down at all, this kind was the only one. She eats slower than the other dogs and this is awesome.

Attachments

• slow feed.jpg
    slow feed.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie's is very similar to that one. It's a thick plastic and has the 4 dividers like that, but also a knob in the center.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
That's the exact same bowl we use for Hershey ! but if he gets near Gizmo's bowl, he can have it empty in about 2 mouthfuls !

eleanorsserf

Sep 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor and Alfred
With bullies having flat faces, is it difficult for them to use these? I'm looking for a good slow feed bowl.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
They are able to use them. It may take longer than the long snouted dogs. But it works. They have to use their tongue to scoop it up.

Bunny

Sep 25, 2013
Nebraska
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I use Martha Stewart pets' bowl for my Bella, it really works! It's dishwasher safe, and has a no skid bottom. I also use the Martha Stewart Pets' food mat so it helps a lot with helping the bowl stay in place☺️👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tkwill

Jun 17, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I definitely have to get this for Hank. I've never seen a puppy eat with such vigor.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I use the Omega Paw Portion Pacer ball for Ruckus because I didn't want to change from his stainless steel bowls. It slowed him down significantly and I actually caught him chewing!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use a slow feed as well, Bocephus has gotten used to it and although it doesn't slow him down much, he isn't getting hiccups like he used to

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I've been looking for a good slow feed bowl since before we picked up our baby. He eats all of his food in about 1 minute.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've been looking for a good slow feed bowl since before we picked up our baby. He eats all of his food in about 1 minute.

there are also new gadets out that have a suction cup on them... you place it in the middle of your existing bowl and they have to eat around it. I'll try to find the link for you and post back

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I need a fast feed bowl [emoji6]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.