I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Hank~English Bulldog Availabe for Adoption in California

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
hank.jpg

Welcome Hank, our newest rescue to SCBR - San Diego. He is estimated to be 4 yrs old. He is very sweet and licked Roseanna's son's face so we know he likes kids. But, he is very stressed and confused and seems to have little training and poor manners. He's a jumper and a humper. Although when I busted out the treats and asked him to sit, he responded well. How much of his behavior is due to his stress levels is hard to say. He's been at the shelter for awhile and I don't know where he was before that. I tested him with my mellow clumber spaniel (my poor dog deserves a prize for "most patient") and Hank was definitely interested in play but we could tell it would probably be aggressive play and could lead to a fight. Again though, he's been pent up for awhile, so I won't judge his ability with other dogs until we get his medical issues addressed, get him some regular exercise and consistent training. I suspect he will be OK with other dogs once his stress levels drop. His energy towards my dog was not angry defensive-aggressive but it was hyper and felt a bit out of control. Poor guy.

And, he may be deaf. Can't tell for sure yet. I've seen bulldogs completely ignore people and I thought they were deaf, and then after a week in foster care and once their stress levels dropped, lo and behold they can hear! This breed can shut down pretty quickly when they are confused and insecure.

If you are interested in meeting Hank please fill out an adoption application for this "diamond in the rough".

View attachment 78635

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> socalbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> SoCal Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
:up:

Staff online

Members online