Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
esmae.jpg

*** COURTESY LISTING ***

Hi,
My name is Esmae. I was in bad shape when I was found as a stray and taken to the shelter. Years of being over-bred and neglected had me feeling pretty yucky. But thanks to the love and care of my rescuers I’m a new girl with a spring in my step and a sparkle in my eye. I need some daily medications to keep me feeling my best, but I’m more than worth a little extra TLC. Below are all my important details according to my rescue mom. Won’t you consider giving me my first real home?

Breed: American Bulldog and…. anybody’s best guess. A true American mutt.?
Health: Greatly improved. Esmae will always need to be on thyroid medication, as well as an NSAID for arthritis, and eye drops. We currently have her on apoquel for her allergies. She may or may not need to stay on it forever. She is also on Prozac as she was very depressed and anxious when she first came in to rescue. She is doing great now and could probably be weaned off the Prozac within 3-6 months of being adopted and settling in with her new family. With the allergy medication and prozac, her monthly prescription costs will be approximately $150+, however, that should decrease after she is weaned off the Prozac and possibly weaned off the apoquel; without those two medications I’m estimating $90-$125/month.
Size: She’s built like a tank. ? She is low to the ground and now a svelte 70 lbs.
Temperament: Pretty much perfect. She hasn’t met a person or dog she doesn’t like and she gets along with everyone. She is sweet and gentle with dogs as small as chihuahuas and alternately loves playing rough and tumble with her pit bull foster brother. Esmae has met cats and is interested in them and starts to “talk” to them (she has the cutest “woo woo”), but doesn’t show an overt desire to harm them. If she does get over-interested you can tell her “leave it” and she listens. I think if she lived with a cat full time, and with a little training, she and the cat would be friends or at least peaceful roommates.
Exercise Requirements: Minimal. Esmae loves to go for walks, but due to her early years of cage confinement, she has some arthritis and will not able to go for long hikes or runs, but nothing makes her happier than cruising around the neighborhood or her yard.

If you are interested in adopting Esmae please contact Megan at [email protected]

View attachment 78635

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> socalbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> SoCal Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
:up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.