Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver

jules825m

Sep 3, 2010
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Miss Charlie
I have had a varitey of dogs in my life and English Bulldogs are the best! It just breaks my heart that so many fall into the hands of people who abuse and neglect them.

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
Here is the link to the adoptees. I have heard through the grapevine that they are adopting to experianced bully breed owners. I have my hopes I opened their eyes a little on the letter I sent them.

If anyone in the area is interested, seriously, please contact them.

Abused English bulldogs now up for adoption in Jacksonville | jacksonville.com

Here is a clip from the local news station:
13 Bulldogs Rescued From Vet's Home - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Here is the updated story of the 13 English bulldogs confiscated here in Jacksonville, Florida:
Rescued Bulldogs Available For Adoption - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

As of 30 minutes before posting this, I have submitted an application and a letter to adopt 2 of these bullies. I could not think of a better way to honor my beloved Winston. Wish me luck :-)
Mike

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like they are going about it the right way, but I still wish they wouldve gone to rescue. Thanks for the update :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Here is a clip from the local news station:13 Bulldogs Rescued From Vet's Home - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT JacksonvilleHere is the updated story of the 13 English bulldogs confiscated here in Jacksonville, Florida:Rescued Bulldogs Available For Adoption - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT JacksonvilleAs of 30 minutes before posting this, I have submitted an application and a letter to adopt 2 of these bullies. I could not think of a better way to honor my beloved Winston. Wish me luck :-)Mike
Yay..I actually thought you of when I first read this awful story..knowing you were in the same area and what a great bully dad you were to Winston. We will hope and :pray: this works out. And you are so right..THIS would be a terrific way to honor sweet Winston......:bravo:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I've only had 6 weeks or so of Bulldog experience. But I have decades of general dog experience. Is that enough to qualify me?

But then, I'm having such an amazingly awesome time with Bullie that I might be getting ahead of myself and thinking another adoption is going to be as awesome... I might not be ready for 2 bulldozers... I don't know. My husband is really wanting to try out for one... so confusing...

Last edited:
OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I've only had 6 weeks or so of Bulldog experience. But I have decades of general dog experience. Is that enough to qualify me?

But then, I'm having such an amazingly awesome time with Bullie that I might be getting ahead of myself and thinking another adoption is going to be as awesome... I might not be ready for 2 bulldozers... I don't know. My husband is really wanting to try out for one... so confusing...

Go for it! That would be awesome if you could get one.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Go for it! That would be awesome if you could get one.

My husband is really wanting to apply but our bank account can't take a $3,000 hit right now... and, from the way these dogs were treated, it might come up to more than that. We might not be able to do "right" by these dogs.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2717]airmike1[/MENTION] we will keep our fingers cross for you, so hope you get them, you were a great bully dad to Winston.

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
Yay..I actually thought you of when I first read this awful story..knowing you were in the same area and what a great bully dad you were to Winston. We will hope and :pray: this works out. And you are so right..THIS would be a terrific way to honor sweet Winston......:bravo:

Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.

OMG! That is great. I hope you get TWO of them! They may want to keep them together...I hope so anyway.

If we were still in FL, I could probably talk my hubby into putting an app in for one but we don't.....My mom has left FL too or she would be on it as well.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Heh Mike I am so happy that your application has been accepted, I just know that you will be the perfect bully Dad I bet you are walking on cloud nine. Good luck when will you be able to pick your new baby up if you get one? Are you going to keep its name if they know it or are you going to change it? My offer still stand either way.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad to see this Mike! Can't wait to "meet" the new additions to your family!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.