Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Here is the link to the adoptees. I have heard through the grapevine that they are adopting to experianced bully breed owners. I have my hopes I opened their eyes a little on the letter I sent them.

If anyone in the area is interested, seriously, please contact them.

Abused English bulldogs now up for adoption in Jacksonville | jacksonville.com

Always with me

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophie & Miss Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

I have had a varitey of dogs in my life and English Bulldogs are the best! It just breaks my heart that so many fall into the hands of people who abuse and neglect them.
    Julie

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Here is the link to the adoptees. I have heard through the grapevine that they are adopting to experianced bully breed owners. I have my hopes I opened their eyes a little on the letter I sent them.

If anyone in the area is interested, seriously, please contact them.

Abused English bulldogs now up for adoption in Jacksonville | jacksonville.com
    Here is a clip from the local news station:
    13 Bulldogs Rescued From Vet's Home - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Here is the updated story of the 13 English bulldogs confiscated here in Jacksonville, Florida:
    Rescued Bulldogs Available For Adoption - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

As of 30 minutes before posting this, I have submitted an application and a letter to adopt 2 of these bullies. I could not think of a better way to honor my beloved Winston. Wish me luck :-)
    Mike

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds like they are going about it the right way, but I still wish they wouldve gone to rescue. Thanks for the update

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Here is a clip from the local news station:13 Bulldogs Rescued From Vet's Home - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT JacksonvilleHere is the updated story of the 13 English bulldogs confiscated here in Jacksonville, Florida:Rescued Bulldogs Available For Adoption - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT JacksonvilleAs of 30 minutes before posting this, I have submitted an application and a letter to adopt 2 of these bullies. I could not think of a better way to honor my beloved Winston. Wish me luck :-)Mike
    Yay..I actually thought you of when I first read this awful story..knowing you were in the same area and what a great bully dad you were to Winston. We will hope and this works out. And you are so right..THIS would be a terrific way to honor sweet Winston......

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I've only had 6 weeks or so of Bulldog experience. But I have decades of general dog experience. Is that enough to qualify me?

But then, I'm having such an amazingly awesome time with Bullie that I might be getting ahead of myself and thinking another adoption is going to be as awesome... I might not be ready for 2 bulldozers... I don't know. My husband is really wanting to try out for one... so confusing...
    Last edited by anatess; 09-02-2011 at 02:27 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    I've only had 6 weeks or so of Bulldog experience. But I have decades of general dog experience. Is that enough to qualify me?

But then, I'm having such an amazingly awesome time with Bullie that I might be getting ahead of myself and thinking another adoption is going to be as awesome... I might not be ready for 2 bulldozers... I don't know. My husband is really wanting to try out for one... so confusing...
    Go for it! That would be awesome if you could get one.

Always with me

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Go for it! That would be awesome if you could get one.
    My husband is really wanting to apply but our bank account can't take a $3,000 hit right now... and, from the way these dogs were treated, it might come up to more than that. We might not be able to do "right" by these dogs.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@airmike1 we will keep our fingers cross for you, so hope you get them, you were a great bully dad to Winston.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    @airmike1 we will keep our fingers cross for you, so hope you get them, you were a great bully dad to Winston.
    Well thank you, David :-)

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Yay..I actually thought you of when I first read this awful story..knowing you were in the same area and what a great bully dad you were to Winston. We will hope and this works out. And you are so right..THIS would be a terrific way to honor sweet Winston......
    Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.
    OMG! That is great. I hope you get TWO of them! They may want to keep them together...I hope so anyway.

If we were still in FL, I could probably talk my hubby into putting an app in for one but we don't.....My mom has left FL too or she would be on it as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads