Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Quick question. Once your app is accepted, does that mean you actually get one? Or that you go in like a lottery?

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
Heh Mike I am so happy that your application has been accepted, I just know that you will be the perfect bully Dad I bet you are walking on cloud nine. Good luck when will you be able to pick your new baby up if you get one? Are you going to keep its name if they know it or are you going to change it? My offer still stand either way.
Hey Cindy,

I have a feeling that the waiting process is going to take a while since the rescued bullies were on the local news. But, my hopes are way up and I am totally excited to give the recued bully overwhelmed love if I am awarded one. The car is loaded with towels and blankets on the "ready" just in case. I have not brought the crate down out of the attic and bought supplies since I am affraid of jinxing myself lol. The Animal Care and Protective Services has not posted pictures yet. I do know that the bullies have had very little human interaction and will need house breaking. There is probably no name, but just in case; I will name the male (I hope that it is a boy) Elliott or the female Priscilla or Chelsea. But if they are responding to a particular name, then I will go with the name they are responding to...they have had enough drama in there lives. Thank you, Cindy for your offer. I know, that somehow-someway, there is going too be a bully or two training me by the end of this year. I will keep you posted when I know something as soon as I find out.
Mike

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
Quick question. Once your app is accepted, does that mean you actually get one? Or that you go in like a lottery?
Hey Betty,

The Animal Care and Protective Services stated that if there are more then 13 applicants for the 13 bullies, then they will select applicants through a lottery. Otherwise, I think it is going too be first come, first served for the qualified applicants. The city only accepted emailed applications. However, several weeks ago, I visited in person and tried to submit an application and perhaps visit the resued bullys to no avail. I will probably stop by the facility again this week and say hello and dig for more informantion.
Mike

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Mike, I hope you get one and soon, those little bullies need to get to homes and start a road to recovery. Keep us informed and the day you bring the new baby home, lets get a NF bully day together. Bella loves to play.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.
Just saw this post, congrats and good luck. That's a wonderful way to honor Winston. :D

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
Thank you again, to everyone with the encouraging thoughts to me working on adopting at least one of these 13 rescued bullies. As of today, 9/8, I contacted the city and they will be notifying all of us applicants by Friday via email or phone. The Animal Care and Protective Services will hold a lottery because of the tremendous response from the community on adopting the 13 rescued English bulldogs. So tomorrow, I should find out when and at what time the lottery takes place.

If I fortunate to rescue one the bullies, just like "Bella'sMom said, we should definitely should have a NF bully day together once the rescued bully has adjusted from the overwhelming love it will get :-)

Take care my friends, I will keep you posted tomorrow after work and Saturday too if there has been a delay from the city. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of Luck....

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
i'm just catching up with this thread. i SO wish you the best, [MENTION=2717]airmike1[/MENTION]. We are keeping all fingers and paws crossed for you!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I have been hoping all week! Any news?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Hoping you get good news soon.

4caff1b1-e42c-fca3.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The thought of a 'lottery' to determine who gets these bullies just scares the crap out of me. I have a feeling this isn't going to be in the best interest of the bullies. I wish they would have enlisted the help of a EBR org. to help find the best homes for them. Good luck with it Mike.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.