Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Well, I stopped by the ACPS shelter earlier today. The adoptions are over as the selected 13 applicants picked-up their 13 bullies yesterday. I was not one of the folks selected. Maybe these rescued bullies went to great homes. However, I do want to thank each and every one of you here on the EBN. All of you have been so supportive of me; from when Winston passed away in his sleep on the day of my Dad's birthday in July, to all of you rallying behind me on adopting at least one of the 13 rescue bullies. It does sting that I was not selected...and I will not know why. But, maybe the guy in charge of the "big dog park in the sky," who is taking care of Winston, has other plans for me into the future?
    Dang it mike! I'm sorry for you..but I'm much more sorry for the bully that missed the chance of having you him or her....you have the right idea...some things are out of our control...and some things are REALLY out of our control!..but look at it this way..you now know for sure you are ready for another bully..and I just know..Winston will help guide the right one to you...

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Well thank you, Betty and Becky. I am going to keep on eye out for a Florida rescue bully after I regroup from the emotions of trying to adopt. I realized I had put all of my eggs in one basket and was not expecting to lose this adoption process. Although it was upsetting, I have learned a lot about adopting and how to go about it. At some point now-or later, I know I will have a 4-legged kid(s) again in the future :-)

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Well thank you, Betty and Becky. I am going to keep on eye out for a Florida rescue bully after I regroup from the emotions of trying to adopt. I realized I had put all of my eggs in one basket and was not expecting to lose this adoption process. Although it was upsetting, I have learned a lot about adopting and how to go about it. At some point now-or later, I know I will have a 4-legged kid(s) again in the future :-)
    We have some people that work very closely with rescues in Florida..I think @Bella'sMom is one? Don't get gun-shy now Mike! There are such great bullies in rescue!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Oh man, that sucks Mike........ I suppose they had so many qualified applicants that it did come down to a lottery. I sure hope you are able to find a bully soon.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to see this Mike, but nice to see you rebounding and looking for other options to find the bully (bullies) who need you most!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree with Becky . If I were you, I would put an app in to the FL rescues and get all set. You can do the home inspection and everything. That way, when you see a bully you fall in love with, you are already *in* to adopt!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@airmike1 I'm so sorry you didn't get one of those bullies, but I honestly believe in fate and somewhere out there is the bully for you and they are just waiting for you to find each other. Those 13 bullies were meant for other things that's all. Your bully is still waiting for you to find them.

There is a huge problem with english bulldogs in florida .. just look at the bulldog rescue groups and see how full they are!!! One of them could be meant for you. I encourage you to apply to them so that they already have your application on file. Also, you might want to consider being a foster home to one of the rescue groups. With so many bulldog rescues they are always looking for foster homes. Just a thought .......

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I do work closely with 3 rescues, English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia (they do adopt outside of the state) Buddies thru Bullies in S. FL and the French Bulldog Rescue Network. There are tons of dogs in need of new homes. Some of the rescues here in Fl are having to turn away surrenders for right now because they are overwhelmed.

Sorry to hear that one of the Jax Bullies didn't find you as their new pawrent, but you will find the right one soon.

Always with me

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Darn, too bad you had to go through all of that. But I also believe in fate and know that you'll be getting the bully that's perfect for you and the special guy/gal.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 09-14-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

My bulldog is slated to stay at Pet Paradise for 4 days... maybe you should be a Pet Paradise, I'll send my dogs to you. It's a lot shorter term than fostering, but - at the same time, it's not a big commitment while you wait for your furever companion.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

@airmike1, FYI, Florida English Bulldog rescue got 4 of them. They are getting prepared for surgeries and then will be up for adoption. You should contact them!!!
    Welcome to Florida English Bulldog Rescue

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    @airmike1, FYI, Florida English Bulldog rescue got 4 of them. They are getting prepared for surgeries and then will be up for adoption. You should contact them!!! Welcome to Florida English Bulldog Rescue
    Ohhh..thanks...@Bella'sMom...I hope he checks in soon!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads