Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Best of Luck....

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

i'm just catching up with this thread. i SO wish you the best, @airmike1. We are keeping all fingers and paws crossed for you!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Just checking in..hoping..hoping!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am with @JAKEISGREAT, I have been hoping all week! Any news?

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Hoping you get good news soon.

Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

The thought of a 'lottery' to determine who gets these bullies just scares the crap out of me. I have a feeling this isn't going to be in the best interest of the bullies. I wish they would have enlisted the help of a EBR org. to help find the best homes for them. Good luck with it Mike.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

agreed. i hate the lottery idea. i think they should give all 13 to @airmike1

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again for all of the support....I love all of you! So far, there has been no news. I called the city again yesterday. The latest excuse from the city is that all of the approved applicants would be notified. This particular person from the city was not up to speed on news from the ACPS...major bummer since the deadline was a week ago. The website for the Animal Care and Protective Services says, "ACPS is no longer accepting applications to adopt English Bulldogs surrendered to the shelter recently as part of an eviction. We appreciate the community's tremendous response." Hmmm, tremendous response must be tens of thousands of people and only 2 rookies from ACPS deciding the fate of the 13 rescued bullies to 13 approved applicants posted on the dart board. Who knows, maybe I am just jumping at the bit since I have been amped up about all of this. Thank you, my friends...please hug, scratch and kiss all of your bullies for me. I miss doing that to Winston :-(
    Mike

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well..let's remain positive...tremendous response..might mean in general..like for donations..support..etc! Not necessarily to adopt. I certainly hope they have a screening process that caters to bulldogs. You know your application was at the very least..accepted. I'm still praying for you mike!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, gosh, I don't like the sound of "notifying the approved applicants" bit. Are they going to notify the ones that don't get one of them?

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Well, I stopped by the ACPS shelter earlier today. The adoptions are over as the selected 13 applicants picked-up their 13 bullies yesterday. I was not one of the folks selected. Maybe these rescued bullies went to great homes. However, I do want to thank each and every one of you here on the EBN. All of you have been so supportive of me; from when Winston passed away in his sleep on the day of my Dad's birthday in July, to all of you rallying behind me on adopting at least one of the 13 rescue bullies. It does sting that I was not selected...and I will not know why. But, maybe the guy in charge of the "big dog park in the sky," who is taking care of Winston, has other plans for me into the future?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Well, I stopped by the ACPS shelter earlier today. The adoptions are over as the selected 13 applicants picked-up their 13 bullies yesterday. I was not one of the folks selected. Maybe these rescued bullies went to great homes. However, I do want to thank each and every one of you here on the EBN. All of you have been so supportive of me; from when Winston passed away in his sleep on the day of my Dad's birthday in July, to all of you rallying behind me on adopting at least one of the 13 rescue bullies. It does sting that I was not selected...and I will not know why. But, maybe the guy in charge of the "big dog park in the sky," who is taking care of Winston, has other plans for me into the future?
    Aww...darn....I am sorry one of them didn't go to you. However, I have to say that you are probably right. There is a Bully out there right now just waiting for you to pick him or her up! You can make a difference to a bully in need and so maybe you can look at the FL rescues and find a new furever friend??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads