Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    OMG! That is great. I hope you get TWO of them! They may want to keep them together...I hope so anyway.

If we were still in FL, I could probably talk my hubby into putting an app in for one but we don't.....My mom has left FL too or she would be on it as well.
    Thank you, Betty

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jacksonville shelter has kept and is adopting out some of the bullies found abused.

Heh Mike I am so happy that your application has been accepted, I just know that you will be the perfect bully Dad I bet you are walking on cloud nine. Good luck when will you be able to pick your new baby up if you get one? Are you going to keep its name if they know it or are you going to change it? My offer still stand either way.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

So glad to see this Mike! Can't wait to "meet" the new additions to your family!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quick question. Once your app is accepted, does that mean you actually get one? Or that you go in like a lottery?

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goobers mom View Post
    Heh Mike I am so happy that your application has been accepted, I just know that you will be the perfect bully Dad I bet you are walking on cloud nine. Good luck when will you be able to pick your new baby up if you get one? Are you going to keep its name if they know it or are you going to change it? My offer still stand either way.
    Hey Cindy,

I have a feeling that the waiting process is going to take a while since the rescued bullies were on the local news. But, my hopes are way up and I am totally excited to give the recued bully overwhelmed love if I am awarded one. The car is loaded with towels and blankets on the "ready" just in case. I have not brought the crate down out of the attic and bought supplies since I am affraid of jinxing myself lol. The Animal Care and Protective Services has not posted pictures yet. I do know that the bullies have had very little human interaction and will need house breaking. There is probably no name, but just in case; I will name the male (I hope that it is a boy) Elliott or the female Priscilla or Chelsea. But if they are responding to a particular name, then I will go with the name they are responding to...they have had enough drama in there lives. Thank you, Cindy for your offer. I know, that somehow-someway, there is going too be a bully or two training me by the end of this year. I will keep you posted when I know something as soon as I find out.
    Mike

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    So glad to see this Mike! Can't wait to "meet" the new additions to your family!
    Well thank you, Lari :-)

I will be estatic if I am selected to adopt one of these sweet bullies.
    Mike

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Quick question. Once your app is accepted, does that mean you actually get one? Or that you go in like a lottery?
    Hey Betty,

The Animal Care and Protective Services stated that if there are more then 13 applicants for the 13 bullies, then they will select applicants through a lottery. Otherwise, I think it is going too be first come, first served for the qualified applicants. The city only accepted emailed applications. However, several weeks ago, I visited in person and tried to submit an application and perhaps visit the resued bullys to no avail. I will probably stop by the facility again this week and say hello and dig for more informantion.
    Mike

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Mike, I hope you get one and soon, those little bullies need to get to homes and start a road to recovery. Keep us informed and the day you bring the new baby home, lets get a NF bully day together. Bella loves to play.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Oh Mike I am so hoping for you to get the call soon!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Hey Becky,

Thanks for the encouragment and prayers...the city emailed me that they have accepted my application...now the wait begins. Give your bullies hugs and kisses for me.
    Just saw this post, congrats and good luck. That's a wonderful way to honor Winston.

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Thank you again, to everyone with the encouraging thoughts to me working on adopting at least one of these 13 rescued bullies. As of today, 9/8, I contacted the city and they will be notifying all of us applicants by Friday via email or phone. The Animal Care and Protective Services will hold a lottery because of the tremendous response from the community on adopting the 13 rescued English bulldogs. So tomorrow, I should find out when and at what time the lottery takes place.

If I fortunate to rescue one the bullies, just like "Bella'sMom said, we should definitely should have a NF bully day together once the rescued bully has adjusted from the overwhelming love it will get :-)

Take care my friends, I will keep you posted tomorrow after work and Saturday too if there has been a delay from the city.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Okay Mike..you have us ALL with you! Prayers and

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads