new puppy problems

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
So our new puppy Izzy is having a problem,she has been peeing on her bedding in her kennel. She doesn't pee anywhere else in the house.I've washed the bedding numerous times. Any idea how I can get her to stop doing this?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe she needs to go out more? I'm not sure how your schedule is..you can always remove the bedding..sounds mean..but I would try that and see what she does.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hoe old is she? Violet use to pee in her kennel every night and at about 31/2 - 4 months she just stopped.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will do that for awhile until they get a little bigger. The pups we have raised in the past have done that also, some more than others. Maybe take her out more or like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said take her bedding out maybe during the day and just let her have it at night or take out altogether for a little while and see how it goes, this too will pass.

choppmoney

Feb 15, 2011
Algonac, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
pelee's union "jack" daniels
Take out the bedding all together my dog still will pee on anything we put in his crate and he's eight months old.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
This is very common. Some find that removing the bedding will discourage it since they can't ball it up in a corner. Good luck!

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
If you can, section off the crate so it is about the same size as your puppy (just enough room for him to turn around in a circle). My Brewer is 14 weeks old and he has only had one mistake in his crate. We gave him the full size of his crate abour two weeks ago. But dogs tend to not pee where they have to sleep. So start with the crate smaller and as he gets better slowly make it bigger. Hey its worth a try, it worked for us.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Good Advice above...

Is she peeing during the day or at night? Both?

Penny couldn't hold it through the day until she was about 14 weeks old. We were just gone longer than her little bladder could last. She was getting up every 3.5-4 hours at night until around 12 weeks. She now sleeps 10 hours in her crate sometimes (at night) and wakes up dry in the AM.

Diving the crate should help as well.

ETA: You can also clean her plastic bottom of her crate with an enzymatic cleaner such as Nature's Miracle to completely get rid of the smell in her crate so that she isn't smelling it there.

Last edited:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
LeRoy is 4 and will still pee on his bedding if we put it in there. He gets nothing on the bottom of his crate. In the winter we put a blanket over the crate for warmth.

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
omg, I JUST posted a thread about this in the Health section! My 3 month old is doing the same. I too hope this will pass

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
she is only peeing at night and on her bed. Its a cedar dog bed so im thinking that might have something to do with it. We have taken out all bedding and she doesnt pee in her kennel. So for now he sleeps in the kennel with no bedding..

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I just had to take everything out of the boys' crate. During the Oliver would go in there JUST to pee! He wouldn't pee while they were confined, but if he had to go at any time, he would walk into his crate and pee. He also pee'd on our bed a couple of times when I first started letting them sleep with us, but thankfully that's stopped. I'm done with the crate until we bring another puppy home ([MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] should be delivering to me in about 7 weeks :ROFL:). Right now they just have baby gates blocking them in the kitchen and no bedding in there either.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.