AZ shelters and the rescue groups

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
I figured that all Eb's that come in to the shelters would be put in rescue.

Doesn't the shelter call the rescues when they have one that won't be put up to the general public?

How does that work - i didn't think any EB's were pts at the shelters. I'm in AZ.

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
i would love to rescue directly from the shelters. That's where i got my boy Otis. He was up for adoption to the general public though - he's very healthy...............even still at two years later.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
From my understanding, but of course I could be wrong, only some shelters contact the rescues. Its not at all mandatory for them. I actually don't think all the shelters are aware that eb rescue groups actually exist. The rescue groups also have a lot of sources and keep their eyes open if any ebs arrive at the shelter. Members here, for example, post a notice or notify the rescues directly if they find a bully in any shelters.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello all Bullie friends,
Which is why this and other network links and resources are so valuable. Why we are committed to Bullies, most every breed has a rescue operation. It might not be local but they are around.

Keep eyes and ears open and help when needed.
Good Day~

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
hi! i'm in az as well (phoenix), i actually adopted butler from Love A Bull. I don't know what other rescues do, but i do know that this particular one has good relationships with the shelters, and either the shelter will contact as soon as they get a bullie in, or one of the many volunteers will keep a close eye on the shelters and immediately go pick up bullies when they come in.

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
hi! i'm in az as well (phoenix), i actually adopted butler from Love A Bull. I don't know what other rescues do, but i do know that this particular one has good relationships with the shelters, and either the shelter will contact as soon as they get a bullie in, or one of the many volunteers will keep a close eye on the shelters and immediately go pick up bullies when they come in.

thanks sheila - that's kinda what i thought

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.