Looking to adopt a 6 month old or younger.

Tony@123

May 27, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
GiGi
Looking to adopt a 9 month old or younger.

Hello everyone. I'm Tony from Syracuse, New York and new to this site. I have a 4 month old female bulldog and 2 just over one year old labs. The labs do everything together and always next to each other. My bulldog GIGI wants to play with them but they are just to big and ignore her which makes everyone in our home feel sorry for her. I was going to buy a dog from the breeder I bought her from until I joined here. Just Being new to this site I wanted to learn more about bulldogs, what to feed her, exercise, training and so on. Being on this site I quickly realized that adopting a bulldog in need was the right thing to do. I would like a young bulldog 9 months or younger so they can grow up with each other. I'm not sure how this works as I'm new to all this. If a bulldog I'm looking for is in another State how would they get the dog to me? I have a huge fenced in yard. If anyone can give me some advise I would appreciate it. It's just terrible what people do to dogs and determined to adopt. Thank you for your time. FAEC4209-3AB0-4956-B410-874E3E79E77D.jpg

Last edited:

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
Sorry I don't have any advice but she is so darn cute! Good luck finding her new best friend :)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
GIGI is adorable!
I also would love another EBD but 4 dogs is enough.
Oh, and more pictures please!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Younger bulldogs might be harder to find at a rescue as it seems like it's usually older dogs that get surrendered but that doesn't mean you can't find one. Most rescues won't adopt out of state as they tend to do home checks. You should certainly check your local rescues first, maybe some that are a few hours away. They generally will post their rules and adoption process on their home page. We have a thread of state-by-state adoptions posted here that we try to update on a regular basis that you should check out.

OP
T

Tony@123

May 27, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
GiGi
IMG_0107.JPGThe boys when they were around 7 months. Yup, these are the boys that won't play with GiGi and totally ignores her no matter how hard she tries. I hope to find her a friend soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

MY goodness Gigi is adorable!!!!

Younger bulldogs might be harder to find at a rescue as it seems like it's usually older dogs that get surrendered but that doesn't mean you can't find one. Most rescues won't adopt out of state as they tend to do home checks. You should certainly check your local rescues first, maybe some that are a few hours away. They generally will post their rules and adoption process on their home page. We have a thread of state-by-state adoptions posted here that we try to update on a regular basis that you should check out.

Citty is correct... MOST rescues have boarders for adoption, but there are a few that will go further due to having the resources and network to support the home checks. Since you are in NY.... look into BUMPER and Long Island rescues, they adopt all over New York state. any age under 2 is going to be tough unless you are willing to get a special needs babies, usually spina bifida, which needs diapers for life as they have no control of bowels. Also, check you local shelters for but again, they will mostly be over age of 3 or 4.

@ocsarmayer -- any other insight?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We take in puppies at a rate of 20 to 1(4YO+ to <1YO)...so you may be waiting for a while to get a puppy. Additionally, surrendered puppies will usually go to those that have previously adopted.
Not necessarily fair but that's pretty much the way it is.
I recommend that you expand to 2YO or younger to open up way more possibilities. A 2YO still is and will continue to be active for a few years...depending on the bulldog's personality...some are inherently active, others laid back.

Regardless of what rescue org you deal with it will be up to you to travel to pick up the dog.
Bulldog Rescue Network

Bulldog Rescue Network

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.