bmd0123

Apr 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Tank.jpg

*I hope this is okay to post this here. The dog is not a purebred so I understand if it needs deleted*

I am a vet tech at a clinic in Kalamazoo, MI and we have a client who contacted us that they will be euthanizing their 4 year old Bulldog mix (Sire pb English Bulldog, dam American Bulldog). This boy is about 75#. The clients are experiencing some serious financial hardship and will euthanize him unless I can find a home or rescue for him. When he was younger he did go to the dog park regularly and got along well with the other dogs. He has lived with a cat and done well too. He is house trained and crate trained. According to the client he will display aggression towards visitors to the home and is not leash trained. He has not bitten anyone but will growl and bark. I have not met this dog but told them I would try to reach out and see if anyone could help this boy. The client’s mother described him to me as being very sweet and affectionate. She stated that he is amazing with the two small children in the home. All the rescues that we have tried contacting in Michigan are full and he does not have much time.:( I have emailed the Indiana Bulldog Rescue as well as some rescues in the Chicago area but have not had any replies. If anyone knows of a rescue that might help, please let me know!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bumper Bulldog Rescue, out of New York [MENTION=14040]bmd0123[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully you will find a rescue that will take him, poor boy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Will be praying the right people adopt this handsome bully <3

Thank you for stepping up for him, GOD bless you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a member that my be able to help.... have you also trying Detroit Bulldog Rescue and I think there is one in st. Louis now. going to look and see what I can find

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a sweet baby. I really don't understand why people's first thought is to euthanize. What's wrong with them?! There are so many other options besides that! I sure hope & will pray pray pray that this boy gets a good rescue or home. He deserves it, regardless of the fact that he's Mr. Grumpy pants. :)

OP
B

bmd0123

Apr 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks everyone! I will try emailing some of these other rescues. I did contact both English Bulldog Rescues in Chicago and Detroit Bulldog Rescue but sadly received no reply.

This boy needs saved!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
This just breaks my heart. I'm praying he finds a good home - fast

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I can't believe how anyone could decide to kill a perfectly healthy family dog that they describe as great with their kids. Thank you so much for helping this big guy!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
So sad [MENTION=14040]bmd0123[/MENTION] :( thanks for helping him<3 Illinois have a few bulldog rescues I know about:

Illinois English bulldog rescue

Adoptabull Rescue

Chicago English Bulldog rescue

And then there is:

Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs

Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Detroit Bulldog rescue

It's pretty far but maybe a ride can be organized for him if needed...

I hope he can find a home, he looks adorable<3

OP
B

bmd0123

Apr 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thank you everyone. I have emailed all of the recommended Bulldog rescues but have not received a reply yet from any of them. Our shelters in the area are all too full and the client's know that he would be euthanized if they take him to a shelter. I think they feel that it is kinder to have him put down with them than at a shelter. They are really need him gone as soon as possible. I am praying for miracle for Tank but so far I have had zero offers. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@bmd0123 ugh , this is the worst. If you can get on to facebook and post to Melissa Sanchez who runs Bumper Bulldog Rescue she may have a miracle up her sleeve. I swear if I were not on the left coast i would take him right this second, thank you so much for doing this. There's a special place in heaven for life savers like you. I'll try too.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Thank you everyone. I have emailed all of the recommended Bulldog rescues but have not received a reply yet from any of them. Our shelters in the area are all too full and the client's know that he would be euthanized if they take him to a shelter. I think they feel that it is kinder to have him put down with them than at a shelter. They are really need him gone as soon as possible. I am praying for miracle for Tank but so far I have had zero offers. :(

I think there are some animal rescues and charities that help provide food and other needs of the animal in times of financial hardship to try and help the family keep their pet. Maybe that's an option? I just feel so bad for poor Tank. 4 years is such a short life.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online