minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Please keep Tank in your thoughts as he is reportedly quite ill with guarded prognosis. He had emergent surgery this evening and has an infection. Fortunately, I'm sure he is in excellent hands. His vet and veterinary technicians have very big hearts, know what they're doing, and have really gone above and beyond the call of duty. Will update this post with the clinic and vet's name if they don't mind me sharing that information -- they deserve a lot of credit for their efforts. Hope I can post a positive update in the coming days.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
oh, no. Was very optimistic that this was going to be a happy ending.

Well it still very well may bring a happy ending! They're working hard to treat him and give him a chance. His liver and kidney function were reportedly good when he arrived so that's one hopeful sign. My husband and I are cautiously hopeful that he will regain his health and be able to join our family.

Btw, I love your "Hug your bully today" signature!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Best wishes to Tank and to everyone working to save him and give him a good home!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Praying for Sweet Tank - I sure hope he gets to become yours - he deserves to live out the rest of his life as he deserves, loved & well taken care of. Thanks for keeping us posted.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Update: Sadly, Tank is not going to make it. His vet, Dr. James Wesseldyk at Pet Vet Family Pet Care Center in Kalamazoo, MI acted swiftly and compassionately last night to relieve Tank's paraphimosis and bladder obstruction despite having no guarantee of payment as Tank's owner had relinquished him.

Unfortunately, Tank arrived malnourished with a massive infection and abnormal bleeding due to low platelet count. His prognosis for survival and recovery is poor. Realistically, further interventions likely would cause Tank a lot more pain without changing the final outcome. It breaks my heart (and I could tell that it breaks Dr. Wesseldyk's heart, too) that Tank's illness and death were almost certainly preventable.

I am really impressed by the care Tank received from Dr. Wesseldyk and his veterinary technician, Chelsea. I know there were other vet techs who participated in his care, but I do not know their names. Apparently the OP (not sure if she is ok with me putting her name here) has found homes for many other animals whose owners intended to euthanize out of inconvenience.

As [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] says, hug your bully (and other pets) today.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh this is so sad. Poor Tank. Bless the hearts of all of those who did everything they could for him regardless of payment. Tank, I hope you run free with all our beloved babies that have gone before us. :cry:

I need backup makeup here at work. My heart breaks.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
:cry: That poor baby. My heart is breaking...again. I was so hoping and praying that he would be ok and find a loving home where he would know how it feels to be loved and taken care of.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Sorry to hear this. My comfort is knowing that good people tried to help him and he does not have to suffer anymore. God Bless you All.
@minibull [MENTION=14040]bmd0123[/MENTION]:salute:

Thank You - I truly admire what you folks did.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Run with the Angels Tank, you were Loved and Wanted by the Special People who wanted to adopt You. My heart breaks for Tank not making it, how sad this is.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Such a sad thread and I'm just in tears.

RIP Tank, you deserved better on earth.

Deepest gratitude to all who did what
they could for him & prayers for y'all.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear this. Tank's face and this story will stay with me. Best wishes to everyone involved in caring for him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online