Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I think there are some animal rescues and charities that help provide food and other needs of the animal in times of financial hardship to try and help the family keep their pet. Maybe that's an option? I just feel so bad for poor Tank. 4 years is such a short life.

I didn't think of that. Good post! I hope this is an option for them. This story has really bothered me. If I could take in another dog I'd be trying to figure out how to get him home. It seems like a facebook or craigslist ad would be something to consider before death.

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
What is wrong with people!? Heartbreaking. Praying that this baby boy finds a loving and nurturing home fast. Thank you for helping him.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am Praying for this Precious Baby, Please find him a home, He does not need to die. I wish I could take him, but I have 8 4 legged Babies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
hi I'm sorry i can't help, as i live in Canada and don't know of any rescues in the States, but i see that everyone above have already given you links to some rescues in your area. i just wanted to say Thank You for trying to help him, and I'm sending love and prayers that he finds a home soon. He deserves a loving home. Poor baby.

OP
B

bmd0123

Apr 15, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
No good news so far. :( Everywhere is full or unable to help a Bulldog mix. Someone or one of the rescue that I contacted listed his info on Facebook and I got a inquiry for more info but no offer yet. I have started emailing pit bull and AmBulldog rescues in case they could make room for him. Please feel free to share my post and his information!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No good news so far. :( Everywhere is full or unable to help a Bulldog mix. Someone or one of the rescue that I contacted listed his info on Facebook and I got a inquiry for more info but no offer yet. I have started emailing pit bull and AmBulldog rescues in case they could make room for him. Please feel free to share my post and his information!

Try Keystone Bulldog rescue out of Western PA... they have two rescues and take in all breeds

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
*I hope this is okay to post this here. The dog is not a purebred so I understand if it needs deleted*

I am a vet tech at a clinic in Kalamazoo, MI and we have a client who contacted us that they will be euthanizing their 4 year old Bulldog mix (Sire pb English Bulldog, dam American Bulldog). This boy is about 75#. The clients are experiencing some serious financial hardship and will euthanize him unless I can find a home or rescue for him. When he was younger he did go to the dog park regularly and got along well with the other dogs. He has lived with a cat and done well too. He is house trained and crate trained. According to the client he will display aggression towards visitors to the home and is not leash trained. He has not bitten anyone but will growl and bark. I have not met this dog but told them I would try to reach out and see if anyone could help this boy. The client’s mother described him to me as being very sweet and affectionate. She stated that he is amazing with the two small children in the home. All the rescues that we have tried contacting in Michigan are full and he does not have much time.:( I have emailed the Indiana Bulldog Rescue as well as some rescues in the Chicago area but have not had any replies. If anyone knows of a rescue that might help, please let me know!

We are willing, eager, and ready to adopt Tank. We live in the Quad Cities area of Illinois a few hours from Chicago. We will be in Chicago next weekend May 1-2. It would be ideal to see if he and Buttercup get along, but if needed we can separate them until they get used to each other.

We have been seriously considering adopting another dog to give Buttercup a companion and it seems another bulldog would be the best option given the unique EB communication styles. We just lamented last night how hard it might be to adopt another adult EB as there are no EB rescues in the area.

We are working with a trainer to socialize Buttercup and she was recently able to calmly spend 3 days uncrated in a small trailer with a Chihuahua (from whom she had previously had to be separated at all times). Her former owner tells us she lived with a dog in the past with no problem. She also does well with bigger dogs, so I think there is a good chance she'll be fine with this guy. What is his name?

We do live far from the rescues, however I believe our vet would be happy to give us an excellent reference as far as our capacity to lovingly and effectively care for another bulldog. She and her staff always comment on how nice it is to see a healthy bulldog. Our dog was a mess when we first got her from a man who left the state, but through EBN/vet education and a lot of effort on our part she is now thriving. You can read my posts if you'd like details about that to help verify our fitness as EB parents.

I would like to know Tank's medical history. Medical problems won't rule him out for us, but I'd prefer to know what we're getting into as far as problems we can anticipate and hopefully address. Hopefully his non-purebred status will put him at lower risk for some of the common EB health problems.

I will PM you and hope you will contact me ASAP. Thanks!

Last edited:

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Me, too! Just shared Tank's info and pic with my husband and we both feel Tank would be a great fit for our family. The timing is perfect if we can arrange for him to join our family next week. I hope we are not too late!

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Update: I learned from Tank's vet's office that he is alive! Conveyed our earnest desire to adopt him (if his current home is truly not an option) and am waiting to get more information from the big-hearted vet tech who posted. Don't want to jinx it, but we would love to bring him home this weekend. We are crossing our fingers and toes! Will share an update if there is any further news.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=12744]minibull[/MENTION] Good luck!!

He looks so sad in the picture :( I really hope you guys get him so he knows what a loving home is.

Keep us updated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: I learned from Tank's vet's office that he is alive! Conveyed our earnest desire to adopt him (if his current home is truly not an option) and am waiting to get more information from the big-hearted vet tech who posted. Don't want to jinx it, but we would love to bring him home this weekend. We are crossing our fingers and toes! Will share an update if there is any further news.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

Good Luck. Hope he ends up with you folks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.