Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Bully

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Urgent Bully

Thank you everyone. I have emailed all of the recommended Bulldog rescues but have not received a reply yet from any of them. Our shelters in the area are all too full and the client's know that he would be euthanized if they take him to a shelter. I think they feel that it is kinder to have him put down with them than at a shelter. They are really need him gone as soon as possible. I am praying for miracle for Tank but so far I have had zero offers.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@bmd0123 ugh , this is the worst. If you can get on to facebook and post to Melissa Sanchez who runs Bumper Bulldog Rescue she may have a miracle up her sleeve. I swear if I were not on the left coast i would take him right this second, thank you so much for doing this. There's a special place in heaven for life savers like you. I'll try too.

3. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bmd0123 View Post
    Thank you everyone. I have emailed all of the recommended Bulldog rescues but have not received a reply yet from any of them. Our shelters in the area are all too full and the client's know that he would be euthanized if they take him to a shelter. I think they feel that it is kinder to have him put down with them than at a shelter. They are really need him gone as soon as possible. I am praying for miracle for Tank but so far I have had zero offers.
    I think there are some animal rescues and charities that help provide food and other needs of the animal in times of financial hardship to try and help the family keep their pet. Maybe that's an option? I just feel so bad for poor Tank. 4 years is such a short life.

5. Likes Roseann, Petra liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    I think there are some animal rescues and charities that help provide food and other needs of the animal in times of financial hardship to try and help the family keep their pet. Maybe that's an option? I just feel so bad for poor Tank. 4 years is such a short life.
    I didn't think of that. Good post! I hope this is an option for them. This story has really bothered me. If I could take in another dog I'd be trying to figure out how to get him home. It seems like a facebook or craigslist ad would be something to consider before death.

Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
    Likes (Received)

What is wrong with people!? Heartbreaking. Praying that this baby boy finds a loving and nurturing home fast. Thank you for helping him.

Love is being owned by an english bulldog

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I am Praying for this Precious Baby, Please find him a home, He does not need to die. I wish I could take him, but I have 8 4 legged Babies.

9. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Any news yet? Poor baby, it's hard to believe a cutie like that can't find a home
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

hi I'm sorry i can't help, as i live in Canada and don't know of any rescues in the States, but i see that everyone above have already given you links to some rescues in your area. i just wanted to say Thank You for trying to help him, and I'm sending love and prayers that he finds a home soon. He deserves a loving home. Poor baby.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

No good news so far. Everywhere is full or unable to help a Bulldog mix. Someone or one of the rescue that I contacted listed his info on Facebook and I got a inquiry for more info but no offer yet. I have started emailing pit bull and AmBulldog rescues in case they could make room for him. Please feel free to share my post and his information!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

No good news so far. Everywhere is full or unable to help a Bulldog mix. Someone or one of the rescue that I contacted listed his info on Facebook and I got a inquiry for more info but no offer yet. I have started emailing pit bull and AmBulldog rescues in case they could make room for him. Please feel free to share my post and his information!
    Try Keystone Bulldog rescue out of Western PA... they have two rescues and take in all breeds
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

*I hope this is okay to post this here. The dog is not a purebred so I understand if it needs deleted*

I am a vet tech at a clinic in Kalamazoo, MI and we have a client who contacted us that they will be euthanizing their 4 year old Bulldog mix (Sire pb English Bulldog, dam American Bulldog). This boy is about 75#. The clients are experiencing some serious financial hardship and will euthanize him unless I can find a home or rescue for him. When he was younger he did go to the dog park regularly and got along well with the other dogs. He has lived with a cat and done well too. He is house trained and crate trained. According to the client he will display aggression towards visitors to the home and is not leash trained. He has not bitten anyone but will growl and bark. I have not met this dog but told them I would try to reach out and see if anyone could help this boy. The client’s mother described him to me as being very sweet and affectionate. She stated that he is amazing with the two small children in the home. All the rescues that we have tried contacting in Michigan are full and he does not have much time. I have emailed the Indiana Bulldog Rescue as well as some rescues in the Chicago area but have not had any replies. If anyone knows of a rescue that might help, please let me know!
    We are willing, eager, and ready to adopt Tank. We live in the Quad Cities area of Illinois a few hours from Chicago. We will be in Chicago next weekend May 1-2. It would be ideal to see if he and Buttercup get along, but if needed we can separate them until they get used to each other.

We have been seriously considering adopting another dog to give Buttercup a companion and it seems another bulldog would be the best option given the unique EB communication styles. We just lamented last night how hard it might be to adopt another adult EB as there are no EB rescues in the area.

We are working with a trainer to socialize Buttercup and she was recently able to calmly spend 3 days uncrated in a small trailer with a Chihuahua (from whom she had previously had to be separated at all times). Her former owner tells us she lived with a dog in the past with no problem. She also does well with bigger dogs, so I think there is a good chance she'll be fine with this guy. What is his name?

We do live far from the rescues, however I believe our vet would be happy to give us an excellent reference as far as our capacity to lovingly and effectively care for another bulldog. She and her staff always comment on how nice it is to see a healthy bulldog. Our dog was a mess when we first got her from a man who left the state, but through EBN/vet education and a lot of effort on our part she is now thriving. You can read my posts if you'd like details about that to help verify our fitness as EB parents.

I would like to know Tank's medical history. Medical problems won't rule him out for us, but I'd prefer to know what we're getting into as far as problems we can anticipate and hopefully address. Hopefully his non-purebred status will put him at lower risk for some of the common EB health problems.

I will PM you and hope you will contact me ASAP. Thanks!
    Last edited by minibull; 04-27-2015 at 02:23 AM. Reason: new info

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

excellent news. Hope it all works out for the sake of this poor animal.
    Hug your bully today

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads