Coops25563

Mar 7, 2015
British Columbia
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet. But if girl Winnie. Winnie the pooch
Hello
Last fall we had to say goodbye to our beloved pooch of 16 years. We rescued him at approx 6-8 months of age. With his second chance at life, he just knew he was now 'home' and gave us unconditional love. We miss him tremendously but we are now ready to open our hearts once more and would like to give another rescue a second chance.
We live in cranbrook, BC Canada.
A family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 7.
We also have a couple of cats.
We are looking for a pup or up to the age of 2, male or female. Will want to have spayed or neutered. Wanting for family pet only.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the loss of your baby. Best of luck in your search for your new family member..... have you looked at the listing for rescues in your area?

OP
C

Coops25563

Mar 7, 2015
British Columbia
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Have viewed/searched and applied to all rescue sites. Nothing has come up in our area. We do not want to ship, there has to be a lil girl/guy close to us in need of a loving home.
Will keep our eyes open and eventually our paths will connect.
Thank you to everyone.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Hi...
First of all, Sorry to hear of your loss last fall!

I am also from BC and we originally did not want a puppy but a one to two year old. I searched for a rescue dog with no such luck. It's a little different here in Canada than the States when it comes to Bulldog rescues. It's actually a good thing for the dogs but not for those of us looking to rescue as opposed to buying from breeders. The few I did find pretty much went the day they arrived. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new family member.

OP
C

Coops25563

Mar 7, 2015
British Columbia
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your kind words.
We are not in a rush and will wait to see if we are aligned with one in need.
I do feel a bit discouraged as I too have had some walls come up against us. We found a beautiful boy in Alberta who is searching for a home who is amazing with kids and cats. Thought we found our guy. We inquired (only a few hours from Alberta border) but was denied as they do not adopt out of province. Too bad as this poor guy will be sitting waiting for a home when we can welcome him into ours.
But we will stay positive for time being and hopefully we welcome a new member before year end.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online