In search of a young male English Bulldog

chrisjohnson1123

Feb 24, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi,
I am new to the forum and have been checking things out for the last couple of weeks but I thought it was about time I posted. I lost my beloved EBD just a few weeks ago and our hearts are completely broken. It was completely unexpected and there wasn't anything we could have done to help him but none the less, there is a very large hold in our hearts and mine especially. I have worked in rescue for over five years and have fostered numerous English and French Bulldogs, as well as adopted my own. I am fully experienced with the breed and we are able to provide a wonderful home for any dog that we would be lucky enough to get. Of course I would love a little puppy but I know that is next to impossible. I would ideally like a young EBD, under three who is dog and older child friendly. Again we can provide a wonderful loving home and have the means to afford any vetting that would be needed. Ours had skin issues that resolved after being on a good diet, as well as head tremors. He was a huge stinker that caused all kinds of trouble, but he was my baby and I miss him dearly.
If anyone has any info about a young male, I would really love to hear about him.

Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN!

So very sorry for the loss of you sweet soul.... he will ALWAYS be with you! Best of luck in your search for a new baby... I do hope the right baby finds you real soon

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Where in the US are you from? Check with you local rescue to see what they have available. Welcome to EBN and I hope you find your perfect baby.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain, just wanted to say THANK YOU for being a rescue and foster. That takes alot of love. Have you looked at the "Bulldogs for Adoption" on here? I know you will find your next bully love soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and sorry for your loss. I would say check with the rescues close to you and see what they have. We also list rescues on here, so please check out that section.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am so very sorry for your loss… I have lost several bullies, and I completely understand what you are going thru :( I wish you luck on your search for your new baby...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, rescues are a great start. We have a couple hundred on our Bulldogs for Adoption pages it's the 5th tab over on the very top. We've got almost all of the country covered and we love love love talking rescues around here. :welcome:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We were in a situation similar to you and I am so sorry for your loss.

We were looking for an EB after our beloved Chumly died of CHF. Our local rescue would not consider us because we have a pool that is not fenced off. We NEVER EVER let our dogs out in the yard without one of us being with them, it just never happens, no exceptions. I can however understand their reluctance as talk is cheap. We didn't want a puppy (been there, done that!) and all our animals have been rescues. My husband sent an e-mail to a reputable breeder in the area for her advice as to where to look or if she knew of a bully that needed re-homing..., a long shot! About two weeks later we received an e-mail from her about a boy she knew of that needed a new home and now we have our wonderful Monty! It is a match made in heaven! I think we were extremely lucky and we were just about to start the process of trying to find an older dog for sale. Good luck with your search, I know you will find just the dog for you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.