Bulldog in the Washington DC AREA needs new home

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
Hello

My coworker needs to rehome her bulldog, she is moving out of the country and cannot take him ( Bulldogs are barred from flying due to their breathing). He's a year and a half up to date on shots . The only thing is he's not neutered and has a cherry eye. Other than that he's pretty healthy. She's already tried contacting rescues they are full to capacity. She's also tried craigslist and that was a disaster. I wish I can take him but I do not have any room at all. He's a timid but very sweet dog, gets along with humans ( just loves them ) and dogs and cats. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tell her to contact BUMPER rescue in NY... on Facebook.. melissa sanchanez is the president

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I just adopted from mutts matter in Rockville. Contact Melanie, their ED. I might consider fostering if it's a problem for her, DO NOT do Craigslist, so many problems there.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hello

My coworker needs to rehome her bulldog, she is moving out of the country and cannot take him ( Bulldogs are barred from flying due to their breathing). He's a year and a half up to date on shots . The only thing is he's not neutered and has a cherry eye. Other than that he's pretty healthy. She's already tried contacting rescues they are full to capacity. She's also tried craigslist and that was a disaster. I wish I can take him but I do not have any room at all. He's a timid but very sweet dog, gets along with humans ( just loves them ) and dogs and cats. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated

When is your co-worker departing for overseas?

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I just adopted from mutts matter in Rockville. Contact Melanie, their ED. I might consider fostering if it's a problem for her, DO NOT do Craigslist, so many problems there.

We almost found one home, however the couple decided that they did not want to carry the financial burden of having a bulldog. Other than that it's been an diseaster

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
We almost found one home, however the couple decided that they did not want to carry the financial burden of having a bulldog. Other than that it's been an diseaster

Pm me your number, or your friends. I've got a friend who was trying to adopt the dog I got. He already has an EBD, and is actively looking for another. Maybe this will be helpful? I'm 10 minutes from the district, and he's close to Bowie Md, but will travel.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Good luck with everything!! Just to chime in on flying bulldogs - its actually not banned but there are a lot of restrictions to fly them out because of their breathing issues/flat faces. When we thought my husband was going to be stationed in Germany we did so much research to figure out how to get all three of my flat face dogs out there. So it is possible, but a lot of research is necessary.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
Good luck with everything!! Just to chime in on flying bulldogs - its actually not banned but there are a lot of restrictions to fly them out because of their breathing issues/flat faces. When we thought my husband was going to be stationed in Germany we did so much research to figure out how to get all three of my flat face dogs out there. So it is possible, but a lot of research is necessary.

Thanks! She's flying United Airlines, and unfortunately United will not fly bulldogs, in fact the following airlines have banned bulldog and many brachycephalic breeds

American Airlines:
https://www.aacargo.com/learn/animals.html
[h=6]Is your breed clear to travel? Find out here.[/h]We no longer accept brachycephalic, snub-nosed or mixed breeds of snub-nosed animals when the "Breed" on the Health Certificate states the following:
Dogs Affenpinscher, Boston Terrier, Boxer (All breeds), Brussels Griffon, Bulldog (All breeds), Cane Corso, Dogue De Bordeaux, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Chin, Lhasa Apso, Mastiff (All breeds), Pekingese, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Pug (All breeds), Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Tibetan Spaniel

Delta:

Delta no longer accepts snub-nosed or pug-nosed dogs and cats as checked baggage. Certain breeds may be acceptable for transport as cargo via Pets First.
Snub- or Pug-nosed Dogs

Snub-nosed Cats

American Bulldog
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Brussels Griffin
Bulldog*
Chinese Pug
Chow Chow
Dutch Pug
English Bulldog
English Toy Spaniel
French Bulldog

Lhasa Apso
Japanese Boxer
Japanese Pug
Japanese Spaniel (Chin)
Mastiff (all breeds)
Pekinese
Pit Bull
Pug
Shar Pei
Shih Tzu
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Tibetan Spaniel

United:

[h=4]Embargo for adult Bulldogs[/h]United does not accept English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Olde English Bulldogges or mixes of these breeds that are older than six months or weigh more than 20 pounds at any time of year. Puppies of this breed (dogs weighing less than 20 pounds or younger than six months) are accepted year-round. If shipping a puppy of this breed, refer to the shipping requirements in the short-nosed (brachycephalic) dog breeds section to ensure the safety of your animal

We've researched and researched more last night.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thanks! She's flying United Airlines, and unfortunately United will not fly bulldogs, in fact the following airlines have banned bulldog and many brachycephalic breeds

American Airlines:
https://www.aacargo.com/learn/animals.html
Is your breed clear to travel? Find out here.

We no longer accept brachycephalic, snub-nosed or mixed breeds of snub-nosed animals when the "Breed" on the Health Certificate states the following:
Dogs Affenpinscher, Boston Terrier, Boxer (All breeds), Brussels Griffon, Bulldog (All breeds), Cane Corso, Dogue De Bordeaux, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Chin, Lhasa Apso, Mastiff (All breeds), Pekingese, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Pug (All breeds), Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Tibetan Spaniel

Delta:

Delta no longer accepts snub-nosed or pug-nosed dogs and cats as checked baggage. Certain breeds may be acceptable for transport as cargo via Pets First.
Snub- or Pug-nosed Dogs

Snub-nosed Cats

American Bulldog
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Brussels Griffin
Bulldog*
Chinese Pug
Chow Chow
Dutch Pug
English Bulldog
English Toy Spaniel
French Bulldog

Lhasa Apso
Japanese Boxer
Japanese Pug
Japanese Spaniel (Chin)
Mastiff (all breeds)
Pekinese
Pit Bull
Pug
Shar Pei
Shih Tzu
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Tibetan Spaniel

United:

Embargo for adult Bulldogs

United does not accept English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Olde English Bulldogges or mixes of these breeds that are older than six months or weigh more than 20 pounds at any time of year. Puppies of this breed (dogs weighing less than 20 pounds or younger than six months) are accepted year-round. If shipping a puppy of this breed, refer to the shipping requirements in the short-nosed (brachycephalic) dog breeds section to ensure the safety of your animal

We've researched and researched more last night.

Sorry for being vague last night in my post - I should have pointed you in the right direction. By no means am I implying that you have done your diligence in researching. :)

Lufthansa will fly short nosed breed however the temperature has to be perfect in the air and in the ground. If it varies 1-2 degrees they will cancel the dog's flight. Since I was researching only Germany we were likely going to go with Lufthansa.

There are a few EBN members who have traveled abroad with their EB. If you do a quick search you can likely find some postings on here.

If possible your friend should see about getting her EB registered as a therapy/service dog - airlines will allow larger dogs to travel in the cabin if they are service animals. It's also a lot more reassuring when the dog is with you then under the cabin.

If you go to Airline Pet Policies, Pet Passports, Pet Friendly Hotels PetTravel.com you can find more information.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
Sorry for being vague last night in my post - I should have pointed you in the right direction. By no means am I implying that you have done your diligence in researching. :)

Lufthansa will fly short nosed breed however the temperature has to be perfect in the air and in the ground. If it varies 1-2 degrees they will cancel the dog's flight. Since I was researching only Germany we were likely going to go with Lufthansa.

There are a few EBN members who have traveled abroad with their EB. If you do a quick search you can likely find some postings on here.

If possible your friend should see about getting her EB registered as a therapy/service dog - airlines will allow larger dogs to travel in the cabin if they are service animals. It's also a lot more reassuring when the dog is with you then under the cabin.

If you go to Airline Pet Policies, Pet Passports, Pet Friendly Hotels PetTravel.com you can find more information.

No problem

Sorry my email sounded so haste! I am now thinking about getting my pet registered as a therapy dog! Thanks so much for the information. =)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Hopefully it all works out!! I would love to take in another EB (I love right outside of DC) unfortunately my husband has put his foot down and said no more dogs. I have 3 now plus a cat lol. I might be a dog hoarder at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
My buddy is looking for another pal for his current EBD, he's super interested and I've put them in touch. I told your coworker, worst comes to worst, I'll foster (and adopt) until I can find a home for him. Too many folk out there don't understand a lot of special needs they come with, or their stubborn natures <sigh>

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.