Boss Hogg - Foster needed for emaciated boy in Dallas

Kathryn Patterson

Aug 14, 2013
Boss Hogg is currently at Dallas Animal Services and needs a lot of medical help and a foster willing to give him the time, patience, and attention to help him through it.

Anyone in DFW interested in fostering him call fill out a foster application through Dallas Pets Alive and mention his name: Foster | Dallas Pets Alive!

Description:
A854152: "Boss Hogg", neutered male, Old English bulldog, 6 years, 63 lbs. Came in as a stray on 9/29. This case saddens me. I saw this boy a few months ago (if that) when he was in Lost & Found at DAS and was not in good shape...he needed medical attention and looked similar to how he does now. A citizen adopted him and now he turns up as a stray at the shelter and does not look any better. He is skinny with has hair loss and needs medical attention. Sweet boy who needs help!!

Here are the most recent notes from the shelter vet:
His skin issues are from demodex but they have been getting better. Dr. Thorne reported that he has gained 7lbs since he has been here so that is great news! He has also had soft stool while he has been here…so whether that is due to anxiety, internal issues, food choice/allergies…we do not know. He is heartworm negative J There could always be underlying issues that we are not able to detect but I have attached his medical records so that you can see all we have done for him.

Can you step up to help Boss Hogg?

Edit: Also, if you'd like to pledge to his care, you can post here and I will report back if he is saved.

Edit #2: From what I can gather, he ran out of time. Sorry I don't have better news :(

Photo Oct 13, 6 03 16 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 13, 6 03 17 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 13, 6 03 21 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Oct 13, 6 03 16 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 13, 6 03 16 PM.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo Oct 13, 6 03 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 13, 6 03 17 PM.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Photo Oct 13, 6 03 21 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 13, 6 03 21 PM.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 242

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my goodness, this poor boy :( Is there a Bulldog rescue nearby that may be able to take him? Boss Hogg looks like he was starved by his previous owner. Is there interest in Dallas for someone to adopt or foster him? is his post on FB? that will get him more attention. Poor baby.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] if I'm reading it correctly, he's already with a rescue/shelter called Dallas Pets Alive and needs a foster home, but if he needs rescue let me know and I'll contact them.

OP
K

Kathryn Patterson

Aug 14, 2013
@cali baker if I'm reading it correctly, he's already with a rescue/shelter called Dallas Pets Alive and needs a foster home, but if he needs rescue let me know and I'll contact them.
To clarify, I'm with Dallas Pets Alive (a foster based rescue) and he is not a part of our program yet. He is in Dallas Animal Services (high kill shelter, about 50% kill rate) and if he does not have a foster come forward it is unlikely the shelter will put him up for adoption because of his health. He needs a foster to step up for him to make it out of the shelter and into rescue.

Thanks!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I see, so in order to get into the rescue, he first needs a foster. Let's spread the word...anyone in Dallas that can help this little guy??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a beautiful face...... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=8824]mavsfan4life[/MENTION] [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] and any other Texas members.... know anyone that can help out??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sweet looking boy, he sure needs some TLC. I don't know anyone up there. Does anyone know anyone at Lone Star Bully Rescue? Maybe they can get him before it's too late. Not sure why Dallas Pets Alive doesn't go get him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sweet looking boy, he sure needs some TLC. I don't know anyone up there. Does anyone know anyone at Lone Star Bully Rescue? Maybe they can get him before it's too late. Not sure why Dallas Pets Alive doesn't go get him.

She stated he has to have a foster home to go to before they can pull

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9637]Kathryn Patterson[/MENTION], anymore updates on Boss Hogg? I'm hoping someone will be able to foster him asap. This guy deserves a chance and a break.:pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@2BullyMama...and y'all, what a terrible sight to see, this sweet bully.
I can't help but cry! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!
That face will haunt me, that skeletal frame sickens me.

Over the week end, my living arrangements blew up and I may be moving.
Already worried about finding something accomadating Cami...let me think.
Thank you for the tag, dear Christine...this boy needs help...yesterday!
Prayers, prayers and more prayers, just want to take him so badly & love on.

OP
K

Kathryn Patterson

Aug 14, 2013
Update: They tested him with dogs and found that he is dog aggressive which obviously limits foster options, and also will limit his time left. Wish I had a better update to give but it is what it is. :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update: They tested him with dogs and found that he is dog aggressive which obviously limits foster options, and also will limit his time left. Wish I had a better update to give but it is what it is. :(

damn.... so wish we could save them all. :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

This is so sad. He may be labeled "dog aggressive" b/c he's been thru so much stress in his life, he's in pain/discomfort, he's hungry. I just hate hearing dogs labeled this way after perhaps only a brief evaluation. Of course, I have no idea how this particular shelter does their evals, but in all fairness to Boss, he must be scared out of his mind there and it would be normal for him to show some unhappiness/fear, etc...
Just makes me so sad and I wish I could help. Kathryn, I would like to pledge for him. Do let me know when he gets into a foster and rescue.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.