OMG desertskybulldigs you killed me!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] The post on FB, made me cry my eyes out! Fortunately I have many FB friends that are animal lovers and I have recruited two to donate to this site because they love Vegas. Frankie tore me up!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] The post on FB, made me cry my eyes out! Fortunately I have many FB friends that are animal lovers and I have recruited two to donate to this site because they love Vegas. Frankie tore me up!

I know, [MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION] can probably tell us more, he is with the rescue she volunteers for. They got 4 new rescues this week :(

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION] Please let me know, this hit a piece of my heart, I want to help in any way possible $$ or whatever, It takes a lot to make me cry and I bawled my eyes out at the picture of Frankie! Anything you need Please let me know. I already have two FB friends that are going to donate to the site. I will even fight Joe who says NO more... and adopt him, it hit my heart that bad (promise I will win!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION] Please let me know, this hit a piece of my heart, I want to help in any way possible $$ or whatever, It takes a lot to make me cry and I bawled my eyes out at the picture of Frankie! Anything you need Please let me know. I already have two FB friends that are going to donate to the site. I will even fight Joe who says NO more... and adopt him, it hit my heart that bad (promise I will win!)

I am so sorry this upset you so much :*( You are going to make me cry. I will let you know if I hear anything. Also if anyone else wants to help Indiana bulldog rescue bring Frankie back to health, please visit their website and make a donation.

Kelly, do you want me to share Frankie's photo here? [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I will most certainly go to that site and make a donation I believe if you posted a picture the donations would come pouring in, you know how we are! I have over a thousand bully points again, would that help? If not I will donate cash.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
here is Frankie:

IBR: Frankie came to the IBR this afternoon. He is currently at the Animal Hospital getting checked out. So far, we know he weights 34lbs and is heart worm negative. Frankie is such an incredibly sweet boy. He loves everyone he meets!

frankie.jpg

He is so skinny you can hardly tell he is an English Bulldog. Bless him, I hope he checks out okay.....

Yes, you can donate with bully bucks and/or send donations to IBR via paypal, here is where I make the donations. The donate link is on the left side:

Indiana Bulldog Rescue

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It is a tragedy that there are people out there that can allow this to happen.

My first thoughts beyond that was wondering if this could be EPI or something like that.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It is a tragedy that there are people out there that can allow this to happen.

My first thoughts beyond that was wondering if this could be EPI or something like that.

I think of the same exact thing when I see these dogs. EPI can develop any time in a dogs life so when I see older dogs like this it makes me worry. The Unfortunate thing is that most of them pan out to just be starving. I say unfortunate because some human, I mean Monster, had to do this to them!!! If it was a disease like EPI, at least there was nothing they could do to keep it from happening. Watching various rescues it is amazing how many receive this kind of Bully. So sad.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I can hardly look at the little guy without crying. I sent a donation... I wish Indiana was a little closer...doubt my Boston would like another buddy, but I know Belly would !

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
When I saw Frankie for the first time, my eyes filled with tears. He is even thinner than the pics show. Even though he didnt have the engery to even stand for more than minute or two, He still did the bully wiggle-butt dance when I said Hi to him. He is so incredibly sweet. He was an owner surrender who has been tied up in the kitchen for years. I will never understand how someone can watch this happen for so long.

If you would like to help Frankie you can donate www.indianabulldogrescue.com and/or share his info with as many people as possible. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Thanks for sharing Frankie's story on EBN!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
OMG! Just unbelievable! I just made my donation. Thank goodness his idiot owner finally came to their senses enough to surrender him. Too bad they didn't do it long, LONG before he got into that terrible condition.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
That is absolutely awful! I instantly felt sick! I will donate right now! Poor bully, I was wondering how Frankie is doing otherwise (behavioural, mentally, etc.)? Will they start feeding him regualr food or would he require IV or other meds? Sorry for all the questions, I am really sad and concerned. Thanks.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
So did you turn the owner in for animal cruelty? That poor baby was in the kitchen while they cooked and he could smell it, and they did not feed him. My stomach is in a knot!!!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Frankie's owner wasnt the one who surrendered him. His friend had to make him do it, so he signed over legal rights and let him go with the friend. I dont think he ever would have done this on his own. Hew ould have just watched him starve to death. :angry:
As for Frankie's behavioral and mental states.....I think he is one of the most loving bullies I have ever met! He will cuddle right up to anyone and give kisses. All he wants is love...and food! He was dehydrated and had an IV when he got to the animal hospital, but is feeling better now. He gets to eat 4 times a day so Im pretty sure he feels like he just won the Lotto!! His new Foster Dad took hom shopping for a new coat to keep him warm.

Thank you all for your concern and donations to help Frankie! He needs a lot of positive thoughts and TLC.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.