Rescue Award Requests

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
We have created a new award here at EBN for Rescue! This award is to help raise rescue awareness.

If you have ever done anything to help save an animal's life, then please request this award. This includes donating, adoption, fostering, volunteering, ect. This award is not limited to bulldog rescue, it is for all animals.

This award will be proudly displayed in your user profile, as well as in every post you place here! To get one, just request it here in this topic. All we ask in return is a reply in this topic about rescue. You can even tell about an animal you saved, events you have attended, ect. You can also request your award or request awards for others under "Awards".

savedalife_lg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bulldog has a huge soft spot for animals in need. When he used to be a cable TV installer he would bring home dogs all the time.

"He was tied to a tree on a short leash, so I asked the owers if I could take him"
"The elderly lady cannot care for this little doggie anymore, so I told her I would find him a home."
"I found it wandering the streets"

The biggest rescue we encountered was not saving a dog from a shelter or getting him from someone, it was a dog that ended up in our own backyard.

We were traveling the USA for our job at the time, and only had one doggie with us. We decided to come home for a couple of weeks to do some needed upkeep on our house. When we arrived, there was a gorgeous chocolate pit bull with yellow eyes in our backyard, completely covered in Cholla cactus. It was all over him, even on his privates. We did not know at first if he was friendly, but after a few minutes we found out he was just a sweet little baby. We broke out the tweezers and started to pluck thousands of cactus out of his body. He allowed us to do it with no fight whatsoever. Surprised we were about this. Some of these cactus thorns were in him half an inch or more. The part of the cactus that was in his body had actually become soft and mushy. He was very skinny, ribs showing too. He seemed very happy to be getting them out. We fed him a big dinner and he ate it in about 5 seconds!

The next day "Bulldog" took him to the vet and got all his shots, and finished plucking out all of the cactus that we missed.

I got on the net searching for anyone who posted a lost dog, and could not find anything. We new we could not keep him, RV parks have strict rules about dog size, and they never let you have a pit bull type, and we even had to argue about our bulldogs from time to time regarding this. The local rescue was full, so I continued to look and look for a new home. No way was I bring him to a shelter- he would be killed for sure!!

Well, eventually we had to leave, and still had not found the previous owner or a new home for him. So we put him in a boarding facility, and when we came home on weekends we would pick him up and bring him to our home for 2 days. After about 2 months, we finally found him a good home. Now that we are here permanantly, we are so sad that we cant have him back, we sure did adore him. We called him "Seymore".

XXXXOOOOs to Seymore, we miss you!

OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I am very proud of my 12 year old son right now. We created an award at English Bulldog News for members who assist in rescue, by adoption, donating, volunteering, fostering, ect. So my son says to me, "Dad, can I donate $5 to rescue, I want to help too and get an award."

See, even the small things count when it comes to raising awareness about Bullies in need. Now, who to donate the $5 to? I shall let him pick! :)

swagger

Jan 25, 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Swagg
Good day im requesting this award because over the last year me and my family members have adopted 4 dogs from being sent to shelters due to their pervious owners no longer being able to care for them. my family currently own one english bulldog 1 japanesse chin 1 silky terrier and a yorkie, pug mix. these animals have brought great joy to our combined households we allow the dogs to visit with each other often.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
haha I just finally read this, never doing so thinking I have not rescued a Bulldog (yet).. We have rescued dogs, we just last year rescued a kitten, and we have rescued 4 horses over the last 6 yrs.

Wigglesworth

Feb 14, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Woody
I rescued a bully 3 weeks ago, and it was a great decision. So proud of how far he's come in 3 short weeks. Poor guy was abused and mistreated, but I'm doing everything I can to give him the best life. I know he absolutely loves it here.

Not really requesting an award, just using this opportunity to encourage others to explore rescuing.

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
I rescued Katie, but not from an official rescue.. from a craigslist situation. She was poorly taken care of and very skittish at first, but now she is full of life and a joy to be around. :)

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Too bad I'm registered here and not my daughter. She is continuously doing anything she can to help the shelter/ rescue. First she had her own yard sale ( sold all her own toys& clothes ). Then she donated to a thriftshop where all proceeds go to a greyhound angles rescue. Now she is selling rubber bracelets and donating every penny to the local rescue. So so proud of her!!! Mind you she's just 9. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We may not have a rescue living with us, but my b/f and I... donate every month to various rescues (IBR, CEBR, LIBR, MABR, SoCalBR, SDBR, Heaven Sent BR) and we donate time and supplies to a local animals refuge.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah is a rescue. her previous owner shelled out 1500 dollars for her and stuck her in a pen outside with 4 big dogs and just let her be. we were asked if we wanted her and drove from virginia to new jersey to pick her up. she was in bad shape when we got her and i think she would have died in another 3 months had we not taken her. we had a stray pit bull wonder on our property and take up residence in our back porch till we brought him in and eventually found him a home.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have found homes for many a dog and cat. Strays mostly have been saved and placed in good homes. I foster until I find just the right home. Lot's of local people call me and send me e-mails of animals in need, it is my pleasure, and no reward necessary. Lots of times I have called the authority's for help in bad situations. It's a messy job, but somebody's got to get in there and give it their all.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I am fostering for IEBR. Doing phone interviews, home visits and transport. I now have my 3rd foster I love him lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you everyone for all you do to make a difference in the lives of these animals! Awards have been issued :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.