Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree that she no longer is useful to him in respects to breeding. His text are broken so there is somewhat of a language barrier. I text him this morning saying I have a Mac book air to barter and he responded saying when would I like to come see the dog. I'm searching around to see if I can find a cheap Mac book air. But suppose I get her out of there- I'm gonna be no help as I will have to turn around and take her to the bulldog rescue. My condo association will not allow more than 3 pets. I'm at the limit with 2 bullies and a Chihuaha. Any thoughts ?

If you find a comp. I am willing to make a donation if it means getting her out of there. I will give whatever I can. Please let me know

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She looks like she could be a senior looking at the photo and the two front legs. But then I'm only guessing, it could also be that she's still relatively young and has had a hard life.

Either way, I can almost guarantee that she is no longer useful to breed from, and that's the only reason he's giving her up!!!! We see this a lot with all the Amish puppy mills ..... :censored:

Amish puppy mills? :wtf:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Amish puppy mills are horrible... We have them here in TN. Poor dogs are treated like livestock, left in cages... It's awful!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Amish puppy mills are horrible... We have them here in TN. Poor dogs are treated like livestock, left in cages... It's awful!!!

That is sort of like the one that was busted here in Arkansas in Lonoke County. It showed the kennels and conditions these poor dogs were kept in and it was horrible there was a huge right up in the paper and on tv all the dogs that were taken have been adopted thank goodness there were 128 dogs, pregnant dogs and puppies!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That is sort of like the one that was busted here in Arkansas in Lonoke County. It showed the kennels and conditions these poor dogs were kept in and it was horrible there was a huge right up in the paper and on tv all the dogs that were taken have been adopted thank goodness there were 128 dogs, pregnant dogs and puppies!

It's a huge problem here... They supposedly don't vaccinate them either. Just considered goods, all for profit... So sad!!!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It's a huge problem here... They supposedly don't vaccinate them either. Just considered goods, all for profit... So sad!!!

its awful my daughters and I cried watching the report knowing our Sheldon came from that. We didn't know at the time but if we had been smarter we would have suspected. After a while we did suspect because we started seeing a lot of the ailments that puppy mill puppies have and my mother in law started discussing the possibility and then BAM we see the bust on tv....

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
its awful my daughters and I cried watching the report knowing our Sheldon came from that. We didn't know at the time but if we had been smarter we would have suspected. After a while we did suspect because we started seeing a lot of the ailments that puppy mill puppies have and my mother in law started discussing the possibility and then BAM we see the bust on tv....

Oh NO that's horrible... I had no idea they were breeding bulldogs too?!!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh NO that's horrible... I had no idea they were breeding bulldogs too?!!
They were breeding all kinds of dogs there were like five large kennels that had all these dogs in them with minimal shade being frayed tarps over the top of the kennels dirty water to drink the water was in dirty 3 gallon buckets no food and it was summer time and last year was a terrible year for heat and several litters of puppies were nursing in these conditions. It was HORRIBLE!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Amish are not the only puppymillers... but they are the worst with this because to them all animals are just livestock and $$$ they do not understand what a pet is so to them it is just a way to make money and boy does it work.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes ... watch this, but only if you are fully prepared for the horrors of the amish puppy mill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhjqBsOCiPs

Amish are not the only puppymillers... but they are the worst with this because to them all animals are just livestock and $$$ they do not understand what a pet is so to them it is just a way to make money and boy does it work.

I never knew Indiana Amish were involved..............................................................................SICK really makes me mad but it's the culture, i guess.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Well, he stopped responding to me yesterday. I contacted all 3 IL rescues. Cebr asked me to get his name and address which I did. So I am going to follow up with an email to them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, he stopped responding to me yesterday. I contacted all 3 IL rescues. Cebr asked me to get his name and address which I did. So I am going to follow up with an email to them.

Damn... good work! I hope she gets saved and given some TLC

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am going to keep everything crossed that wherever she ends up it is going to be a good home for her!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Well done my man!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well done my man!!

Most Reactions