Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 61

Thread: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

  1. #37
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    He is a coward because if he were treating those dogs like they should be treated he would have called back madder than heck!!! He knows what he is doing.....fhead!!!

    I agree that she no longer is useful to him in respects to breeding. His text are broken so there is somewhat of a language barrier. I text him this morning saying I have a Mac book air to barter and he responded saying when would I like to come see the dog. I'm searching around to see if I can find a cheap Mac book air. But suppose I get her out of there- I'm gonna be no help as I will have to turn around and take her to the bulldog rescue. My condo association will not allow more than 3 pets. I'm at the limit with 2 bullies and a Chihuaha. Any thoughts ?

  2. #38
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    I agree that she no longer is useful to him in respects to breeding. His text are broken so there is somewhat of a language barrier. I text him this morning saying I have a Mac book air to barter and he responded saying when would I like to come see the dog. I'm searching around to see if I can find a cheap Mac book air. But suppose I get her out of there- I'm gonna be no help as I will have to turn around and take her to the bulldog rescue. My condo association will not allow more than 3 pets. I'm at the limit with 2 bullies and a Chihuaha. Any thoughts ?

    I would contact the local bully rescue and explain exactly what is happening and make sure they are all ready for her to come in. They would need to make sure they have an open foster home for her and may even want to temperament test her before they take her.

  3. #39
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    my thoughts are better at a rescue where she will be cared for maybe fostered out and find a forever home versus where she is at. Now that I look at the pic closely I see her eyes and I feel so bad for her. The only thing I can think of is for us to work and find a foster home for her.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  4. #40
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    my thoughts are better at a rescue where she will be cared for maybe fostered out and find a forever home versus where she is at. Now that I look at the pic closely I see her eyes and I feel so bad for her. The only thing I can think of is for us to work and find a foster home for her.

    She's in Chicago isn't she???? There are a couple of bully chicago rescues ... Illinois Englis Bulldog Rescue and Chicago English Bulldog Rescue. They both have FB pages where you can PM them about her.

  5. #41
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I would contact the local bully rescue and explain exactly what is happening and make sure they are all ready for her to come in. They would need to make sure they have an open foster home for her and may even want to temperament test her before they take her.
    I did contact the Chicago english bulldog rescue but have not heard back.

  6. #42
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    She's in Chicago isn't she???? There are a couple of bully chicago rescues ... Illinois Englis Bulldog Rescue and Chicago English Bulldog Rescue. They both have FB pages where you can PM them about her.
    I believe your right about her being in Chicago...I hope they can take her.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  7. #43
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Trying to get more info for cebr- they just contacted me back

  8. #44
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    I did contact the Chicago english bulldog rescue but have not heard back.
    Try Illinois EBR too ...

  9. #45
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Try Illinois EBR too ...

    Contacted both

  10. #46
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,959
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2790

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    I agree that she no longer is useful to him in respects to breeding. His text are broken so there is somewhat of a language barrier. I text him this morning saying I have a Mac book air to barter and he responded saying when would I like to come see the dog. I'm searching around to see if I can find a cheap Mac book air. But suppose I get her out of there- I'm gonna be no help as I will have to turn around and take her to the bulldog rescue. My condo association will not allow more than 3 pets. I'm at the limit with 2 bullies and a Chihuaha. Any thoughts ?
    If you find a comp. I am willing to make a donation if it means getting her out of there. I will give whatever I can. Please let me know

  11. #47
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    She looks like she could be a senior looking at the photo and the two front legs. But then I'm only guessing, it could also be that she's still relatively young and has had a hard life.

    Either way, I can almost guarantee that she is no longer useful to breed from, and that's the only reason he's giving her up!!!! We see this a lot with all the Amish puppy mills .....
    Amish puppy mills?

  12. #48
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Another bartering post - Bulldog for a laptop?

    Amish puppy mills are horrible... We have them here in TN. Poor dogs are treated like livestock, left in cages... It's awful!!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •