Craigslist spam

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Pretty sure it's spam but I sent an email and said I'd go get them this evening. If I do, they'll need new homes lol!
y2e6ezub.jpg

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Probably is. Could also be one of those things where they rob you when you show up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sure it's not spam but a rather a scam!! They will tell you to pay for shipping. I get a couple people a month who call me and tell me they've been scammed by these types of ads :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Probably is. Could also be one of those things where they rob you when you show up.

I was going to see if you wanted to come!! Lol. That would be a bad idea. I'm from the country, We shoot things. And if they really did make me think j was going to get two babies from the breed I LOVE and then threaten me?!??! No, seriously though. I wouldn't ever go meet anybody alone. One of my best friends is a cop and he'd humor me and go along. Just on the off chance that they were for real, I want to make sure the babies went to good homes,

Just makes me so dang mad!!! Saw another one the other day they wanted to trade their EB for something. A four wheeler I think. Grrrr

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
If they email me back I'm only 20 min away, but I did send 2 emails. I'll let y'all know too though in case it's real (I highly doubt it) but ill grab my .35, shotgun, puppy supplies, cop friend with Napoleon syndrome and head that way.

And I already told them in my email I was experienced with the breed and had one, so when I roll up in my 2002 SUV surely they'll know I don't have anything worth money anyway, lol!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I was going to see if you wanted to come!! Lol. That would be a bad idea. I'm from the country, We shoot things. And if they really did make me think j was going to get two babies from the breed I LOVE and then threaten me?!??! No, seriously though. I wouldn't ever go meet anybody alone. One of my best friends is a cop and he'd humor me and go along. Just on the off chance that they were for real, I want to make sure the babies went to good homes,

Just makes me so dang mad!!! Saw another one the other day they wanted to trade their EB for something. A four wheeler I think. Grrrr
Cool. deal glad you are thinking ahead about your safety. All the adults in my family are CHL holders so I wouldn't be too worried about it myself and would be tactical in positioning.

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I still haven't heard anything either. :( I emailed them twice, from different emails. The first was within a minute if the listing. Second was about an hour after. There was no way I could've kept them but just don't want babies in a bad situation. Didn't think I'd have a real tough time finding them good homes here, anyway. Lol

And, I'd really like to get my concealed carry permit but here in MS they're so expensive. And since u can keep it in my vehicle, things like meeting people for stuff like that don't worry me as much. The fact that I'm a woman and they wouldn't be likely to be as guarded- that's my advantage.

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I'm sure it's not spam but a rather a scam!! They will tell you to pay for shipping. I get a couple people a month who call me and tell me they've been scammed by these types of ads :(

You win!!! Africa? Missionaries??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You win!!! Africa? Missionaries??

The scam started in local computer places in Nigeria. It's well known as "The Nigerian Puppy Scam".

Usually when finding these scams you will find a lot of grammar errors, especially on the fake websites that offer "cheap" English bulldogs.

But lately those I've spoken to that have been taken have even spoken to people on the phone, women who not only sound 100% American but also sound very caring and compassionate.

By the time they go from just paying $300 to supply the "shipping cost"... They manage to be taken for over $1000.

First they will claim that you sound like the perfect home and they are so glad you contacted them.

Then they will tell you they don't want to separate the two pups be because they are bonded.... Could you pay another $300 for the other?

Then they will ask you to help with the vet costs or other needs.

Then they will ask you to pay for the crates to ship them, ect.

Using a real flight number and everything, When they go to pick up their new puppies from the airport, they are not there.

One lady I spoke with was scammed for over $1600. :(

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I got the same email back on both emails. Ill post it or send it if anyone wants. Wonder if there is anything we can do to track them down & prosecute?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
when you see something like this, instead of emailing them off the get go. Go to GOOGLE.COM, type in the email address

[email protected] and take a look at ALL of the hits -

ME IF INTERESTED AT ( CLAIREWLADIS@GMAIL.COM ).Kennel Sellout.
I am moving and found out I can't take my dogs with me ...

Pitt bull pups.
8 Pitt bull pups for sale. Ready to go. $50 each.

---------------------

/48163152-free-english-bulldog-puppies‎Description: ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPIES FOR SINGLE FAMILY HOME,CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED AT ( CLAIREWLADIS@GMAIL.COM ). respond email.

===============================

and finally

sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/3977432458.html

2 days ago - Please contact CLAIREWLADIS@GMAIL.COM if interested, only serious adopters please! Location: Sacramento, CA; it's NOT ok to contact this ...

-------------------

Mississippi to California - sorry you wasted your time, however, DO NOT open up any attachments they might send you, and you will probably get a bunch of scam emails, now that they have your email address. PLEASE tell me you do not have a 'Signature' with your full name, or phone number or home address on.

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
They don't have ANY of my info other than my email (which is my name so I'll just block them) I haven't opened any attachments. I did respond & ask for copies of the AKC certificates for my vet and the forms and such. I KNOW that it's a scam - I was just seeing if they'd send it, lol. Haven't heard anything and do tv really expect to...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This reminds me of those scandalous phone numbers that you call (Aerosmith video) where you think there's someone very beautiful and young like these babies in the pic and in actuality is 700 pound beast that's UGLY as sin and would eat you ever showed up at the door!! too good to be true here or in Nigeria!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.