New Orleans Bulldog Rescue Has Available English Bulldogs for Adoption!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I was in contact with a rescue today that sounds like they could really use some adoptions! So with permission I am presenting their beautiful bullies in this thread. I will make sure I note if somebody gets adopted for anybody interested in any of these beautiful babies!

charlienrose1.jpgcharlienrose.jpgADOPTED!!!

Rose and Charlie are siblings (we think) and will be adopted out together. They are as sweet as can be. Have you seen the dog food commercial where the dog runs around the house knocking things over, barking and playing, and in general making a mess but you can't be upset with him because he's so darn cute and sweet and well-intentioned? That describes Rose and Charlie - a wonderful handful. These dogs love to play and are extremely affectionate and curious.Rose and Charlie have been through a lot together and have become quite bonded. Rose and Charlie are less "refined" in the house than our other pups, but they are slowly learning and making good progress. An adoptive home should be prepared to provide boundaries and guidance for behavior and obedience and also work on adjusting them to the home.

althea.jpgADOPTED!!!

Like many of our dogs, Althea's life has changed dramatically since entering into our care. Althea was forced to live alone on a dilapidated boat on the Harvey Canal - and is definitely ready for love, attention, and A/C!When we picked her up, she got right in the car with a (very) goofy smile and never looked back.Althea is very calm and likes everyone - people, kids, and other dogs.

Dolly.jpg

Dolly - Dolly is a total peach and ready to finally get the love and attention she deserves. Dolly was found as a stray in Houma, and luckily picked up by a good samaritan who brought her to the shelter. Dolly is somewhat unique in that it appears as though she has never had a truly loving human companion. It is very likely that she was used by a breeder and then discarded after some time (though she is still relatively young). Despite this, Dolly is very friendly and laid back, and is starting to learn to walk on a leash and learn basic commands. Dolly is quickly growing more affectionate, and is likely to follow you from room to room. Dolly is recovering from ear and skin infections but is otherwise very healthy and social. She is about 4 years old so a bit calmer than the other pups available. Interesting side note - Dolly has the floppiest ears of any bulldog weve had.

Interested in adopting?
Please email [email protected] with questions or for an adoption application and please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

Last edited:
OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
roscoe.jpg

Roscoe is a big baby Olde English Bulldog. He is about two years old and though he has not had been well looked after, Roscoe is incredibly loving and affectionate. He loves to flop on on the ground to have his belly scratched, and considers every stranger a potential friend. Roscoe has a number of skin issues that are currently being treated, he is also undergoing heartworm treatment. He will make a full recovery.

Interested in adopting?
Please email
[email protected] with questions or for an adoption application and please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Roscoe and Dolly are still available for adoption! :heart:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
roscoe3.jpg New photo of Roscoe....he's looking more handsome every day and still available for adoption!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
New Bullies Have Made it to the Adoption Page!

Oden
oden.jpg

If this guy had a theme song, it would probably be something by George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. Oden is a beautiful bulldog to the T – wide stance, wrinkly face, snores and farts, goofy/sweet temperament - and he loves to strut down the street puffed up like a rooster. He is a true New Orleans bulldog - every walk is a parade for him and he is social and happy in any situation. Odedn loves kids and gets along well with other dogs. He loves to give you his paw – its really sweet but he knows it so hell absolutely use it to his advantage.

Oden is an adult bulldog though we believe this will be the first time he has a family to call his own because he was abandoned by a breeder with many dogs.

June
June.jpg

Fittingly, June is an absolute peach. She always has time to stop and smell the roses, and loves to play with people and other pups, chew on bones, look cute, lay in the sun, and go for strolls. June came to us as an owner surrender from a family who did not have the time or inclination to properly socialize her, and she was initially very shy. Since that time, she has blossomed into a very happy, loving, sweetheart. She is doing great in her foster home, but we haven’t had her out yet at an adoption event so she may be anxious about large crowds and lots of new people.

June is deaf but it does not hold her back whatsoever. She is working on obedience, socialization, and training, and learning quite quickly. She does gets anxious when people reach over her head or sneak up on her, so June’s new family should be prepared to work with NOBR on her socialization program, and do some reading beforehand. We have had several deaf dogs come through our program, including Boss the bulldog who the organization was founded for, and all of them are incredibly happy well-socialized pooches.

Fonz
fonz.jpg

Ayyyyyyyy. The Fonz is one cool dude. He loves meeting new people and like his namesake, is never shy or frazzled. The Fonz is GREAT at breaking the ice. He loves to play ball, roll around the floor with his belly up to amuse you, and then pass out and sleep like a traditional bulldog. He is well mannered with other dogs and finds a great balance of playfulness and calm. We pulled the Fonz from the Jefferson Parish shelter on the West Bank where he was understandably becoming increasingly confused and sad as to why someone would leave him there. Since coming to NOBR, he is happy as can be and unlike his namesake, ready to settle down with someone.

Note: Preference given to families with a jukebox.

Please contact this rescue by e-mail if interested in any of their bulldogs: [email protected]

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Dolly, Roscoe, June, Fonz, and Oden are still all available for adoption through New Orleans Bulldog Rescue! :heart:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION] Sorry, I didn't see your question until just now! They don't have their adoption fees listed that I have seen but I know you can send an email inquiry to them at:
[email protected]

Hope that helps! :)

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Ive been in touch with New Orleans Rescue and i believe their adoption fees are 100.00 you can look on petfinders.com and it will give full detail of all of their sweet dogs. They had a doggie wash and benefit this past sat. im sure those sweeties found great homes.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I got in contact with them because I was interested in Roscoe. Well, the adoption fee is $500 and they only adopt to local people.:(:(

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I got in contact with them because I was interested in Roscoe. Well, the adoption fee is $500 and they only adopt to local people.:(:(
Even if someone is willing to make the drive to get them?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online