Rescue in Ontario

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Since joining this site I have realized how wonderful it can be to rescue or adpot a bully. I have been doing some research online and have found a bully rescue in Leamington (which is about 45 mins from me) and plan on going to visit. The information for this rescue is pretty limited and there is only an address and name on the main site of canadogs.com. I am off a couple days next week and I think I will take a drive out there! I would love to see what they are doing locally in my community. I know that my breeder also rescued a bully who was left outside 24 hrs a day (our weather is extreme and can be very hot to very cold). I will keep everyone posted as I find out more information. Thanks for the inspiration. :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is awesome [MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] keep us posted. I will also find out anything I can as well :)

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I would definitely consider rescuing a bully next time. Funny, I never even gave it a thought until I found EBN and learned about it. :)

OP
Lacey28

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Update: I wasnt able to go Leamington on my days off this week because I have been with my sick little one. :*( I did find an email address that will hopefully lead me to the owner of the resuce. :up: I sent an email yesterday but havent heard anything back yet! :( If I dont hear anything I plan on going next Weds (my next day off) and see what info I can find! Thanks for all the support! :D

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
yayayyaayayay!!! fank u for choosing to adopt. it makes water come outta momma'z eyes. xoxoxo -Champsky

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY by Janine Allen

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn’t be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn’t want her to know that I hadn’t been walked today. Sometimes the overworked shelter keepers get too busy and I didn’t want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn’t feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yayayyaayayay!!! fank u for choosing to adopt. it makes water come outta momma'z eyes. xoxoxo -Champsky

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY by Janine Allen

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn’t be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn’t want her to know that I hadn’t been walked today. Sometimes the overworked shelter keepers get too busy and I didn’t want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn’t feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.

That is awesome, I just read it to my kids (skin & fur) Thank you for sharing that [MENTION=403]Champ[/MENTION]

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Thank you Champ for sharing that....and for the tears that it brought to my eyes.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.